Consent

It all started when I was 9. My sister Juliet, who was 15 at the time was playing with her friends on how to summon a demon. They were just curious teenagers playing a game not actually believing demons were real.

They had the candles, pentagrams and that stuff set up with random symbols drawn on the floor.

"Alright you guys, chant the spell three times and use the youngest's blood to summon him." Your sister told her three friends who were sleeping over for the weekend. They giggled amongst each other just expecting for the lights to go out or something.

"I wonder what they're doing over there?" You thought to yourself turning the pages on your notebook. Whatever your sister and her friends were doing in her room probably safe. You saw her carry a lit candle earlier. If your mom were awake she'd freak out over the open flames.

You flipped another page after wetting your finger a little and accidentally got a paper cut from doing so. It was awfully deep to be a paper cut. Just before you could lick it off like you always do, your sister barged in your room with a mischievous smile.

"We need your blood sis." She spoke as she grabbed you by your small arm and gently pulled you out of your room.

"No you're crazy..." you told her but still she dragged you into her room. Despite this being a game, she insisted on using real blood.

"If mom finds out you're playing like this she'll be mad."

"Oh please she won't find out unless you tattle. Snitches get stitches." She smiled mischievously.

You did as your sister asked and drew a waning moon in the center of the ritual with a six pointed star beside it with your blood covered finger.

"Can I go back to my room?" You asked your sister annoyed. She nodded. Just as you made your way to the door you felt a strong gush of wind that blew out the candles. The room started to shake and stuff fell to the floor. It was dark and the atmosphere felt abnormally thick.

Next thing you knew, there was a man standing in the middle of the circle wearing an all black suit. His hair was slicked back and his eyes were golden. The trait you were paying attention to were his horns. Your sister and her friends were shocked. They didn't even chant anything yet this man appeared in their room. Without even saying anything everyone but you fainted.

The man turned to look at you. He looked...evil. You were scared and breathing became harder. The demon walked up to you and noticed you were having trouble breathing. He kneeled down to your level and placed his thumb on your throat. He pressed it gently and made you lay down on your back.

"Calm down." He told you softly before pressing the finger harder on your throat. You panicked for a few seconds thinking he was trying to kill you until you began to breathe normally again.

His golden eyes captivated you by that moment that you unconsciously reached to caress his cheek with your small palm. He didn't take it as a threat since you were just a child. Did all demons look this human-like? To your understanding they were evil beings.

~~*~~ PRESENT TIME

Back then you had no idea what demons actually did. Only that they were bad from what your mother spoke of. But now you know more about them.

You know that they eat human souls. They use human flesh as their own. They posses vulnerable humans and sometimes make them crawl around the walls like some freaks and according to Levi they do that last one just for fun.

Levi is the demon that appeared to us that night. I know all about them because over the years he kept coming back to me.

~~*~~

"Stop that." You told Levi before continuing to do your homework. He poked you once again with the pencil and stared at you waiting to get scolded.

"Your lips are chapped." He told you trying to get on your nerves. He's always liked it when you get mad at him or when you're trying to avoid him. All your life you've been trying to get rid of him to have a normal life. People see you talking by yourself when in reality you're talking to Levi. No one else but you can see him since it was your blood they used to summon him.

"Did you hear me? Your lips are-"

"Yeah no shit Levi, I have sensitive lips and it's the dead of winter." You told him. There was a short silence until you felt him lift your chin up a little. You were confused for a moment before he slowly closed the distance between your lips and his but stopped just before touching them.

"Why do you even try?" You laughed. Despite Levi being an all powerful otherworldly being he could not kiss you. When you were younger it was quite easy to get you to do things with him. Not anything that would make you upset of course. He has never touched you inappropriately and you still don't even look him in the eyes.

"Am I that repulsive?" Levi laughed joking of course. He had quite the self-deprecating humor.

"Shut up it's not what I meant." You continued doing your homework.

Levi didn't kiss you not because of his morals but because he literally cannot touch you without consent. Not in that manner at least. Consent is a demon's greatest invitation. There is no real explanation as to why that is. The ancient Lucifer himself just came up with it for reasons unknown.

~~~

"Hey, (Y/N). Mom gave us money to order food. Do you want Chinese or pizza?" Your sister asked without knocking the door first. Good thing she didn't catch you talking to yourself. She already finds you weird enough.

"Chinese." You told her so that she could leave. She stared at you for a while but then left leaving the door open. She definitely knew something was wrong with you but she could never wrap her finger around it. She even told your mom that she believes you may be schizophrenic.

"Levi can you-"

"Got it." He said closing the door for you. He practically lives in your room whenever he comes for a visit from hell. He usually stays for a week or so and then leaves. Sometimes he gives no warning to his return or disappearance.

"So, are you leaving tonight?" You asked Levi trying to make a conversation.

"Why? Will you miss me?" He began to explain. He was gonna be busier and you won't see him as much but it's probably for the best. Humans aren't even supposed to befriend supernatural beings. It's not normal.

"It does get pretty lonely without you trying to seduce me every hour of the day."

"Nothing is eternal in this realm." He warned. It was awfully ominous...even for Levi. You frowned at him. Nothing had ever bothered you as much as what he just said. Was he not gonna come back?

You stood up from your chair extending your arm to hold his. You only grabbed ahold of his coat afraid of the consequences of a hug. He turned to look down at you.

"Please...(don't go)" you wanted to tell him."...be careful."

You could never get the words right. You had to be careful with every action, every thought or every word you spoke to him. You're afraid you may inadvertently bind him to you. If you were to give him permission for even the smallest thing...he'd take you away.

~~*~~
Chapter 1 End

I changed a few things here and there. Yes it's still short but I don't have enough brain cells to write an entire book. Hope you guys enjoyed!!