Branded

You sat at the edge of the window looking down at the deep abyss below you. It was dark and terrifying.

"Levi...help me." You spoke quietly as you closed your eyes and slowly leaned forward to begin falling. Before completely shutting your eyes you caught something from the corner of your eyes. It looked very far but you were sure of it. Another castle except larger with red clouds hovering above it.

"(y/n)." You heard Levi's voice very faintly but it came from the direction of the castle.

"Levi!" You shouted hoping he could hear you despite being so far away.

"What are you doing!?" Alastor yelled yanking you away from the window. His grip was strong and you could tell it was gonna bruise you.

He threw you in the bed along with a change of clothes. It was a very elegant red dress with a pattern of black velvet flowers.

"Get changed. I've been summoned by the King along with my future partner." He told you bitterly.

"The king? You mean you're not-"

"I am a Lord of this Infernal region. Now hurry up." He told you before exiting the room.

"Levi is the prince of the underworld. He doesn't know we know each other. Hopefully Levi recognizes me... he'll help me." You thought to yourself as you hurriedly dressed yourself. Afterwards a woman came in to help you style your hair and took you downstairs to Alastor. You were both gonna go through a portal that led directly to the outside of the main Castle.

~~~

"Wait here and don't talk to anybody unless you wanna get eaten." Alastor glared at you.

You looked around for Levi but it was full of people. Some of them stared at you with thirst.

You decided to risk it all and look for Levi among the crowd. You followed the direction everyone went until you spotted the King. He wore a kind of veil that distorted his appearance and next to him was beautiful woman with fair skin and long black hair. Levi was nowhere in sight.

"(y/n)" you heard someone call out to you under their breath. You turned around to be met by Alastor. Your heart skipped a beat and fear overcame you. Next thing you knew you were on the floor. Everyone around you stepped away.

"Get up!" Alastor spoke while clenching his teeth. "You're making a scene." He grabbed you by the arm and tried pulling you up hurting you in the process. You became teary eyed and began hyperventilating.

A shadow then loomed over you and you looked up to see who it was.

Levi.

He stood in front of you and Alastor with a shocked expression. You couldn't even open your lips to say his name.

"Prince Levi." Alastor spoke.

The noise around Levi all became muffled when he saw that expression on your face.

Fear. Pain. Anxiety. Panic. Sadness. Shame. He could feel everything you were feeling. And worst of all. Your flooded eyes ready to burst with tears.

"Prince Levi." A woman with glasses called to Levi. She placed her hand on his shoulder to get him out of his daze. Levi finally snapped out of it.

He was awfully close to striking Alastor and making a scene. He took a deep breath and knelt down to your level. Alastor loosened his grip from your arm sensing Levi was upset.

"Are you alright?" Levi asked pretending not to know you.

"She's fine she just had a bit too much to drink." Alastor answered for you.

You still couldn't speak. But Levi obviously knew you weren't alright.

"She looks frightened. You wouldn't happen to be the reason would you?" Levi finally looked Alastor in the eyes. Alastor saw the anger in Levi and backed away.

"Of course not. Tell him (y/n)." Alastor chuckled nervously.

You looked down letting go of your tears as Levi helped you up to your feet.

"Why don't we take her to a more quiet place to calm her down, yes?" The woman who came to Levi earlier suggested. She took you away from Levi and led you away from the crowd.

~~~

"I apologize for her behavior." Alastor bowed down to Levi.

"She's not the problem here. Why don't we resolve this later after the party dies down." Levi told Alastor before walking away from him. Everyone returned to their previous conversations. Alastor watched as Levi spoke to his mother, the queen who glanced at him every now and then.

~~~

"Where is she?" Levi asked Hanji as he entered the room she took you to.

Hanji turned toward you who laid on the bed asleep.

"Hope you don't mind but I put her to sleep for now. She completely broke down when I brought her here she was inconsolable." Hanji explained to him. Levi sat next to you and caressed your face to see the state you were in.

Good news was that you were still alive in the human world but for some reason you were stuck here. How could he not have noticed your soul in hell before?

He moved your hair away from the back of your neck and noticed a strange marking going down your back.

"I'm gonna kill him." Levi spoke.

"What's wrong?" Hanji asked as she moved closer to see what he was seeing. You had a large symbol on your back that was obviously the Vai family sigil. Alastor's symbol.

"He branded her like an animal." Levi spoke rigidly.

"That's...unforgivable. Why would he do such a thing?" Hanji questioned.