Chapter Two: Slenderman P.O.V

I sat around the next day. It was going slow, with only two scares so far. I sat at the edge, waiting for more to come. I sat up straighter when I noticed the girl walking towards the woods. It was Violet, and true to her word she came. I seriously needed to do something about her. She walked right up to the edge and peered in.

"Slenderman, I know you're there, I can feel that you're nearby, so just come on out. Oh wait, I should probably go into the woods so we can talk. Ok, I'm coming," she called, stepping in.

She was wearing black shorts and a white tank top with a red bow in her hair. I followed her, marveling her bravery. She stepped into the clearing we met in and stood, as if waiting for me. After thinking about it, I stepped out, showing myself. She looked up with those stunning violet eyes.

"Excuse me, Slenderman, but like I said yesterday, I have some questions. If you can't talk, can you write down the answers? It would help out a lot," she said, timidly holding out the pen and notepad.

I stared at the items, and then at her. She looked at me, her eyes filled with wonder. I uneasily grabbed the pen and notepad, looking at her. She smiled and put her hands together.

"Oh, thank you! Now, were you created like this, or were you cursed?" she asked me excitedly.

I hesitated and scribbled the word cursed onto the paper. Her eyes were shining with happiness.

"Oh wow! Ok, are these woods cursed too?" she asked.

Yes.

"Ok, I kinda figured that. Are people cursed once they enter the woods?"

No.

"What about your powers scare people?"

Shouldn't you know this?

"No, because they don't work on me, remember?"

Of course. My face is cursed to scare people witless until they either pass out, run in terror, or in worse case scenarios, death. I also control the shadows.

"Do you ever sleep?"

Whenever I have the wish to feel human again. I do, but I do not need it.

She couldn't hide the excitement from her face. "Wow, I can't believe I'm having a conversation with you! I never thought you would agree to do this. Thank you," she said, running up and hugging me.

I stood frozen for a minute, and I retracted a couple of feet. Her face grew red.

"You'll want your space, of course. I'm sorry, I just feel like I'm finally getting somewhere," she said, looking down at her feet.

I felt bad, so I decided to do something to cheer her up.

"Are you blushing?" I asked, connecting to her mind.

She gasped and looked up.

"You can talk!" she exclaimed.

"By connecting minds," I replied, a little nervous. I

've only done this once before, and that was to beg the wretched girl to turn me back. She went on and on with questions, and I gained confidence as I got used to the feel of being around her. Nobody else came by that day, which was strange. Oh well. I came to like talking to her, and after she stopped with the on-pour of questions I began to ask her questions.

"How old are you?"

"18."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Silver."

"Isn't my skin cold to you?"

"No, you feel warm like any other person."

"Where do you live? Do you live on your own?"

"I live in an old shack a little ways off. Yes, I live on my own."

"Where are your parents?"

Her face fell when I asked her this.

"They both died in a car wreck," she whispered.

I instantly regretted asking that question. I slid over in front of her and squatted.

"Don't look so downcast, Violet. I'm sorry I asked you, it obviously hurt you," I apologized.

She looked up, her eyes wide.

"You remember my name," she said disbelievingly. I

stood up and froze. I felt another presence entering the woods.

"Work, I'm guessing?" she asked. I nodded and melted to shadow, slithering away. "Ok, I'll be back tomorrow," she called after me.

I paused and looked back, watching her go. She was strange, but nice. As I crawled through the woods after the victim, I began to realize I had made a friend.