Fight fight fight.... Make-up?

The smell of coffee wafted into the living room, and Eddie was roused from her sleep. "Mmm... coffee." Eddie mumbled.

"Coffee... there's coffee?" Jamie mumbled back.

"Yes there's coffee for everyone and breakfast too." Joe said.

"Jamie he saw us and he saw me. He's going to tell your dad." Eddie whispered in a panicked voice.

"I can still hear you Eddie. I won't be telling Dad. That's on you, now come have breakfast before it gets cold." Joe said.

Jamie and Eddie sat down at the table, and waited for coffee and breakfast to be placed in front of them. "How long were you awake?" Jamie asked Joe.

"About long enough to figure out you need to call Dad, and tell him today. This is ridiculous... You're clearly serious about each other, and I know you both have a tour tomorrow." Joe said.

"Maybe you should call Dad and tell him you're engaged." Jamie countered.

"What and provide you a cushion? Not happening. You call him and tell him, my news can wait." Joe insisted.

"Do I have to be here when you tell him?" Eddie asked, as she took a bite of her toast.

"Well you are my girlfriend so yes. We can um.... tell him together." Jamie replied.

"Bad idea. Dad gets funny about things like that. Jamie stop hiding behind people and be a man." Joe said.

"Sure thing Boss." Jamie said and mock saluted Joe.

"Eat your breakfast." Joe said in a firm tone.

If there was one thing Jamie had learned about Joe, it was that you didn't mess with him, and when he told you to do something you did it, no questions asked. Jamie was having a hard time doing this however and he really wanted out. He wasn't ready to have this conversation with his Dad and he knew the longer he waited, the more pissed off and angry their Dad would be. He would also be less accommodating and forgiving.

They ate breakfast in silence, save for the looks Jamie and Eddie kept sending each other. "I forgot... my brother and his girlfriend can communicate with their eyes." Joe muttered.

"I don't understand what the problem is here." Jamie said.

"The problem is, that you know what you are doing is wrong. I would've never done something like this and you know Danny wouldn't have either. Honestly Jamie... she's a lovely woman, don't get me wrong, but she's your partner. You should have put in a request for new partners long before now, and you know it. Instead you swept it under the rug, like you do with most issues." Joe explained.

"I'm sorry we can't all be the perfect middle child." Jamie countered.

"Seriously.... Guys settle down." Eddie said and placed her hands between them. "I'm just as much to blame for this as he is. Let me explain." Eddie said.

Joe gave a sigh and then proceeded to let her speak her mind. "Thank you. A year and a half ago we went out for drinks with Spencer and my friend Hailey, and at the end of the night Jamie walked me home and we kissed. The next morning we called it a mistake, something that was just bound to happen and we got it out of our systems. Only we knew we were just fooling ourselves. We tortured each other, by dating other people and staying partners, when we both knew we were made for each other. Now we realize that after that kiss, we should have filed papers. Even off duty, kissing was wrong and shameful of us. We will spend forever, trying to make up for all of this, and we will take whatever punishment commissioner Reagan dishes out to us. We made our mistake and while you frown upon it, shouldn't you be more excited that Jamie found love." Eddie said.