Chapter 2: Are You Ready?

Ayu POV
(Next day - In the morning)

Hair check.

Clothes check.

Attempt of attractive smile check.

I pump my fists. Today is the second day of school and I will have Eichiro proclaiming his love to me after all my years of being a manager for the boys volleyball team.

I always confess my love to him every day but every time I do, he would be super awkward about it and just dodge the confession.

I look at the mirror and clench my fists with a strong determination. "This year will be different and I will have him look my way! He will be the one confessing his love to me!" I shout at the mirror.

"Gross. You're talking to a mirror." My younger brother, Shuu, teases me after seeing me stand in front of the mirror.

"Shuu!!!!" I angrily throw the hairbrush near me at him.

He easily dodges it and sticks his tongue out. "You missed."

"Stupid blockhead!" I shout.

"You're the one who left the bathroom door open," he shrugs with a smirk and leaves to the kitchen.

I frown. Why are younger brothers so annoying?!?!?!

This is my last year of high school and apparently his first year in high school. Knowing that my brother is going to be in my school isn't exactly something I would call a relief.

I sigh. It's my last year to get my confession through Eichiro, but I bet Shuu is just going to make fun of me if he ever catches me confessing to Eichiro.

I facepalm myself. Why me?!?!?

After Shuu leaves, I finish getting myself ready and head to the living room just to find him chilling on the table with his cellphone out as he eats his breakfast.

"Are you planning to join any clubs?" I ask as I take a seat and he shakes his head.

"No, there's nothing interesting. All the clubs are somewhat needy for me," he arrogantly says. "I guess that's what I get for being an all rounder in everything I do," Shuu brags and I stare at him with a deadpanned look.

I hate that personality of his, but at least he's not thinking about joining the boys volleyball team.

"--- But I might join the boys volleyball team," Shuu suddenly states and my mouth drops from his sudden words.

"W-Why?!?!" I blurt out confused.

"Because it seems interesting, besides your imaginary crush is there. I might as well see what he looks like," Shuu says with a cocky smirk on his face.

"B-But I'm the manager of the team. A-Aren't you afraid of me treating you like a kid?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Hm. Nah. I have way more things against you then you'll ever have against me," he calmly says with a sneaky smile.

Noooo!!!! My love life is officially ruined!!!!

Tenma POV
(Later that day - At school)