December 25th

"Many people underestimated love, but fell blindly by its true power. You can't underestimate love; love can be the strongest weapon to survive, or weakest reason to live."

***

1: 34 AM, December 25th

Headache occurred as soon as he sat on his chair. He forgot to drink his medicine, so he has to rub his head to ease the pain that he was feeling.

Detective Zhang Yixing a.k.a Lay was written down on the case file he was holding. He was immediately called at the middle of the night while celebrating his Christmas Eve with his family. He chose to leave his family because he's a passionate man who will do anything for justice, that's why he's one of the best in the field.

The room was certainly small and dark, and the only thing that was lighting up the place was a lampshade sitting on the table. Some mirrors were around the room. Lay knew that those mirrors were two-way, so spectators can watch them.

Lay's sight blurred out when he chose to give his attention to the suspect—Luhan. His daughter adored the star before him. However, he's still a person, and no matter who's in front of him inside the interrogation room shall be seen equally.

Tonight, Luhan was a suspect of a murder.

Luhan has an enigmatic look on his face, he doesn't exactly know what to feel. All he could do was to stare at the detective in front of him.

"Tell me about your co-star, Luhan," Lay asked, leaning his arms onto the table.

"Sehun's my best friend since we're little." Luhan looked at the detective who was frowning in front of him, waiting for him to continue. Luhan felt stuffy, and sort of lost his control. "Believe me, detective! I did not do i—"

Lay slammed the table hard to shut Luhan up. Luhan stuttered from the disturbing sound Lay made. "I don't want to hear that! Heard it many times, we'll get through it."

From what Luhan was seeing, the detective was having a rough time. He gulped, sat properly on his chair. However, he couldn't calm down after everything that happened. "I couldn't, I just can't. I've known him since summer camp when we were grade school. Why would I kill him?" Luhan insisted, looking straight to Lay's eyes.

Intimidation ran through Lay's bones, feeling annoyed towards the man in front of him. Then he remembered, 'He's an actor.'

Lay felt stupid for a second. "You can't fool me," he said, shaking his head with a smirk.

Luhan did not speak a word, he knew the man in front of him was superior and more powerful than him.

"So tell me, what were you doing at his house?"

"To celebrate Christmas," Luhan bluntly said.

Lay cringed a bit. "With him? Not with your family?"

"My family lived in a province; it's 6 hours away from here. Do you think I have the time to travel that far after my work?" Luhan raised his voice.

Feeling disrespected, Lay pointed his finger with grudge, brows furrowed, to Luhan. "Hey! I'm the only one who's allowed to ask questions here, young man." His head started throbbing once more, but he tried to compose himself.

Luhan clenched his jaws, bit his lip to calm himself, and let the detective continue.

His intuition told him that Luhan did it. The way Luhan acted inside the room made his suspicions clearer. Intuition does not lie most of the time.