Part One~ The Theft

Chapter One~ In Which A Precious Thing is Stolen and Thranduil Tugs His Hair

It was a lovely day in the kingdom of the Greenwood.

That is... until the voice of that very kingdom's ruler echoed through the halls of his extensive palace, an unmistakable coloring of fury in it.

"LEGOLAAAAAAS!"

Thranduil was currently standing in the middle of his bedroom, clutching his hair and looking around frantically.

"LEGOLAAAAAASSSS!" he hollered again, before searching through the drawers of his bedside tables. Unable to find what he was searching so desperately for, Thranduil resumed the clutching of his hair (something he only did when very distraught) and began pacing.

"Who would do this... I am a king... who would be foolish enough to steal from the king?" Thranduil muttered to himself. With a noise of desperation, he released his hair and began stripping the sheets off of his bed.

With an almighty bang, Legolas burst through the doors, his bow pointing wildly into every corner of the room, before he finally took in the sight of his father, and lowered his weapon.

"..." Was all Legolas could muster at the sight of the distraught Thranduil, clad in a trailing baby-blue bathrobe, tugging on his hair, and looking near close to tears.

When the Elvenking caught sight of his son, he immediately plastered on a look of cold indifference, releasing his hair, and smoothing out his robe.

"Legolas... there had been a theft."

Legolas stared at his father, unable to find any words.

"Though I am unsure as to who on Arda would steal from me." Thranduil now looked every inch the vengeful king, back straight with indignation, and eyes sparking with outrage.

"Father... may I ask what has been taken?"

Thranduil whipped around and placed his hands majestically behind his back.

"My crown."

"..."

Thranduil turned to send a cold glare at Legolas. "Well?"

"...Which one?"

Thranduil resisted the ever growing urge to facepalm, and glared menacingly down at his oh-so-ignorant son.

"The bronze one."

"...Which bronze one?" Legolas queried.

"The one with the emeralds," Thranduil enlightened.

"...The emeralds shaped like leaves?"

Thranduil gave a growl of frustration. "No no! Not that one! The one that had the three emeralds on the front."

A look of recognition washed over Legolas and he nodded his head. "Ohhhhh, THAT one. I'm sorry ada, you just have so many crowns..."

Thranduil shot a withering glare at his son, and turned majestically around, one more, placing his hands behind his back, and sticking his nose in the air.

"I want it returned to me by nightfall!" he demanded imperiously.

Legolas shrugged. "Very well, father."

As soon as the door shut behind Legolas, Thranduil resumed the clutching of his hair (which somehow, despite all of the clutching, still remained fabulous) and whimpered, "My crown.... my sixth favorite crown..."

A/N: Hope you enjoy XD XD The Elvenking of De Sass sends his regards!