It All Comes Back

Avia's POV:

How's that for my 12th birthday gift, I've relapsed. Mom just came in and told me. I tried so hard to be strong and put on a brave face. But I failed miserably. I couldn't help but burst into tears, my life was going to return to a living hell between the constant trips to the hospital and the side effects.

"Ohh sweetie it'll be okay, you beat it once you can beat it again." she told me wrapping me in a hug and squeezing me tight. I looked up and saw tears welling in her eyes as well.

Within moments of my mom telling me doctors came in and were telling my mom the severity and when they were going to put my port back in. And worst of all start chemo. As my luck would have it my leukemia was stage 3, more advanced than it was last time around. After an hour they finally finished talking to my mother and we were allowed to go home.

"So, you still up for some Chic Fil A" she asked me, trying to lighten the mood. Earlier today mom promised to take me there because A it was my birthday and B.) I had cancer scans on my birthday.

"Yeah I need something to lighten the blow of the bomb that was just dropped on us." I said sighing

We pulled into the Chic Fil A parking lot and headed inside, it was a nice summer day out. Which was making me even more depressed about what had just happened.

"Get whatever you want sweetie." mom said pulling me into a side hug.

I ordered a frozen lemonade and some chicken bites, I took my food and went and sat down at a table with mom. I wasn't really in the mood for talking, I just wanted to think.

Colette's POV;

I sat at the lunch table with Avia, it was a silent lunch. It was painfully obvious that she didn't want to talk about it so I didn't push her too, it was a lot to take in. Just as our lives were becoming normal it was now crashing down all around us. After lunch we headed home now having to tell the family that Avia had relapsed. I looked at Avia who had fallen asleep on the way home, it was hard to believe that she was going to have to go through hell all over again. It just wasn't fair. Then again life isn't fair.

Avia slept for pretty much the entire two hour car ride home, waking up when we pulled into the driveway.

"Hey sweetie we're home." I said shaking her awake

"I know, time to face reality." she said unbuckling and getting out of the car. "I'm going to tell Dad now" she said blankly. Avia had told me that she wanted to be the one to tell Shay and then Shay and I could tell all the kids. So I agreed and hadn't texted him with any updates after Avia's back from scans and that she was okay.

Shay's POV:

I was in my office editing a Shayloss video when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled not looking up from my computer

"Hi Daddy" I turned around and saw Avia walk through the door. 

"Hey kiddo what's up", I asked my mind completely forgetting that she'd had scans before. "You excited to go out with family later." we were going to Winger's with the family for her birthday.

"Daddy it's back" she said tears brimming her eyes

"What's back?" I asked still completely clueless

"IT's back!" she said emphasizing the it. Then it hit me at full force, she was talking about her cancer.

"Ohh Avia!" I said picking her up as she let her tears spill, feeling my own spill out as well. I thought we'd never have to deal with this again, it hasn't even been a full year and now we're back again preparing for another fight.