Chapter 1

(A/N if you do not like johnlock or blood and gore then I would warn you not to read this fanfic)

The cold London air stung against Sherlock Holmes' skin, turning his steady breath to a cloud of frozen vapor as he ran along the pavement.

"Slow down!" yelled John Watson who couldn't seem to keep up to the lean detective. Sherlock paused only for a minute to catch his breath and let the army doctor catch up with him.

"Hurry up John... we must get there before the body is moved!" replied Sherlock with a hint of excitement. As the two men ran towards the Scotland Yard, snowflakes began to lightly flutter past.

Lestrade pushed through the doors of the building and greeted the men as they got in the detective inspector's car and drove to the crime scene.

"Has anything in the crime scene been moved?" Sherlock asked.

"The only thing that has been touched is the door," answered Lestrade. The car pulled into the driveway of an old house surrounded by trees that died a few years ago but were never removed.

"By the way, there is a message on the wall of the room the body occupies... we think it was directed at you."

"Sounds interesting," said Sherlock."Are you ready John?"

"Of course I am!" said John who was evidently craving a case as much as Sherlock had been. 

(A/N sorry this part is short, the next one will be longer)