Chapter 2

The three of them exited the shiny black car which has become dusted in the white flakes of snow that fell. Sherlock raised the yellow tape and went under in his graceful manner and held it up for John who bent down ever so slightly to go through. Once arriving at the crime scene, everyone besides John and Lestrade left the room. The first thing the three men noticed was the left wall. It had a large written message that appeared to be written in the victim's blood.

Miss me Sherlock?

In the moment it took to read the message, Sherlock knew that Moriarity had returned.

"Do you know who wrote it Sherlock?" questioned John nervously.

"Moriarity," Sherlock stated blankly. The three of them looked at the body. Sherlock bent down to examine the body that laid in front of him. There was a small puncture wound on the woman's throat and the pool of blood surrounding it, still wet.

"This was recent, I would say 10-20 minutes ago" stated Sherlock abruptly.

"Are you sure?" nervously asked John, who already knew the answer. Sherlock entered his mind palace to deduce his rival's next move.

(In the mind palace)

Sherlock sprinted deeper into his mind palace then he has been in years. He needed to remember how it played out the last time they encountered... The Reichenbach Fall. He predicted that these sorts of gruesome messages would occur along with other crimes before they actually will encounter. He and his friends were at risk and he was the only one who can save them.

(Reality same time he is in mind palace)

"Is he alright?" Lestrade questioned John nervously.

"Mind Palace, he's fine." stated John casually.

"Okay, this is probably not Moriarity anyways. No need to be worried just yet." Lestrade replied unconvincingly. He worried about Sherlock ever since the fall, less now then when he came back but he still worried that something like the fall would happen again. He thought of Sherlock like a brother. They knew each other growing up. Lestrade hurt literally anyone who dared say anything nasty about him, let alone hurt him. 5 minutes later Sherlock came back to reality and decided to return to 221b Baker Street out of exhaustion.

"John?" called Sherlock.

To be continued...

(A/N I can either post really long chapters with more time in between or really short ones with days in between them. Your choice!)