1 - First Day: Part 1

JUNE 7, 2016

-

You step out of your car and lock the doors and walk towards your new school: Narnia High. The fact that the schools first name is named after your oldest childhood movie doesn't make you feel any better.

As you are walking you look back to see if your car is still intact and when you turn to look back but you collide with a body and you fall down face first on the ground. You hear a groan from below you and you quickly get up to help them up too.

You brush off some dirt from your shirt that says: 'DEAL WITH IT' And then a mustache with glasses above it. Then you pull out your hand so that you could help up the person that you bumped into, "Look, I'm so sorry I bumped into yo-" I started apologizing while they held your hand to get up.

"It's alright, it's my first day too so you're not alone. That is, if it is your first day.." The person interrupted me and lifted my chin so that I could look up at them, you begin to notice his features, freckles, cute eyes- "Do you ah, want to..go to the principals office...together?" He asked you while he was scratching behind his neck and you noticed that his ears are starting to become red.

You froze at the request but nodded anyway, "Sure." And walked with him towards the entrance of the school.

You realize that your hands are still together and pull it away then stick it to your side, "Do you know where it is?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Nope, we could just ask some people instead." He suggested and started walking towards one of the people walking the same way where we were going. "Hey, um, do you know where the principals office is?" He asked one of the girls.

She stopped talking to the girl she was talking to and turned with a scowl but it immediately disappeared when she saw him and she twirled a lock of hair around her finger flirtatiously, "I can show you." She winked and grabbed his hand but he stopped her from wrapping her arm with his.

"Ok, lead us the way." He said while gesturing for you to come over and the girl just scowled at you in disgust and lead us to the principals office which was on the right side of the entrance. "Thanks." He said to the girl, "Cameron, by the way." He introduced himself to the girl and shook her manicure-polished hand.

"Chrissy." She said and walked away not bothering to ask you for your name.

"Well, let's um, get inside.." He said clearly not knowing how to react and stepped into the principals office.

It smelled suspiciously like a doctors office and looked like what a doctors office would, "I think we're in the wrong room.." You whispered.

Then a man with a black suit on and a ice pack in his hand barged out of one of the doors and he halted when he saw both of us, "May I help you?" He asked ditching the ice pack leaving it on one of the tables nearest to him.

"Yeah, is this the principals office?" You ask.

The man chuckled, "Yes, if you're confused that you got the wrong room, you don't."

"Are you the principal?" Cameron asked from beside you finally speaking up.

He nodded, "I'm Xavier but you could call me Truff." He rolled his eyes, "My other students made it up for fun." Then he cleared his throat, "I'm guessing you're new and that you need your schedules?" He asked.

We nodded simultaneously and he lead us to the next door beside the one he came out from revealing a worn-out desk with a telephone on it and a stack of papers with a pen to go with it. Although it looks pretty intimidating yet it gave a comforting atmosphere.

He grabbed the stack of papers, "Ahh..Y/N?" He asked looking up.

"Here." I said and held out my hand to retrieve the paper.

"And Cameron?" He looked up at the freckled boy beside me and gave it to him.

We thanked him and exited the room then sat on one of the chairs that appeared to look like the ones that you see in hospitals, we compared schedules and found out that we both had half of our classes together.

"Well, I guess this means goodbye." He faked a sniff and walked towards his first class of the day.

"Bye!" I chirped and walked the opposite way.

#

Hi.