Wolff

"Are you still there?"

I wanted to laugh, but didn't want what I was going to say to sound like a joke. "Of course I am."

"Just checking," she said for the fifth time since we walked through the front door.

"I know I did not ask you yet, but what is your name?"

"My name?"

"Do you not have one?"

I had to think, the moon goddess never called me anything, she would just talk to me.

"I don't think I do...all I know is that I am a wolf."

"Then I think I have a good name for you. Your name should be Wolff. It would be spelled with two letter F's at the end, because you are the second part of me; Friends Forever." I strangely liked it.

When I first walked inside there was no one in the house, there was a note that said her mom was at the grocery store and would be back soon. I also asked her where her dad was since he also wasn't at home, she told me that he was at work.

I wish that her mom would have been home when I got here, because she is my mom too. The wolf part of the baby goes to the wolf world first while the human stays on Earth, until the wolf is returned, which is today. I have not seen my mom in a long time, I actually have never met her, but I couldn't wait to finally meet.

I was holding down my excitement as I realized this is the perfect opportunity to learn more about my human. She was starting to become a lot more complex then I originally thought.

"So how did you meet the girl in the bathroom?"

"Are you referring to Kimberly?" She asked.

"I think."

I walked into a bedroom with lime green covered walls and posters of singers and movies. There was some things on the floor that did not make it to bins that were pushed up against the walls are falling out of the closet that was only partially closed. The one surprising thing about her room was there was nothing on any table except for a picture frame, not even a lamp. The picture frame was not seeable to anyone since it is faced down. And all I wanted to do was flip it up, but if Mindy doesn't flip it over then it won't be.

I was correct as we walked directly past the frame and sat down on the bed.

Even though there was no one in the house, she still talked to me through the mind link. "I met her the day that you didn't come. Everyone turned their back on me and pushed me around during lunch that I ended up getting kicked out of my table and walking out of the cafeteria. I walked all the way to the back of the school building and sat near a big recycling bin and started eating lunch. That's when a girl sat next to me and didn't say anything. We ate in silence that first day."

"I'm so s—"

"It's not your fault, you don't decide when you come or not."

"I know, I just—"

"It's okay," I could tell she doesn't want to talk about that anymore, so she goes back to talking about Kimberly, and I listen. "After a month when the talking about me not having a wolf declines, Kimberly started talking to me, saying that things would start to get better. There was only one week of the silent treatment from almost the whole school, until the week after when the words weren't enough and the first punch was thrown where I didn't block myself."

I couldn't help myself and let out a whimper. She continued on with her story.

"They wanted to see how I wouldn't heal fast, how long the bruises would be left. Everyone that goes to my school is a werewolf, and someone could have stopped them, they weren't even the strongest kids, but no one interfered. By the fifth punch a group of students were pushing each other to see who got the better spot to see the action take place. Finally, the principle was called down. He pulled me away before my eye could be completely shut." The screen became blurry for a second as she flopped herself on her bed facing the ceiling.