Okay

Neither one of us wanted to break the silence, we just stared at eachother until she spoke up. I bet the girl was just intimidated by the gun that was still clasped in Mindy's hand. I would have been intimidated too.

"So what is your name?" The girl asked.

"Mindy, how about you?"

"Ava." The girl's voice didn't seem as shaken as it had been before, and that might be because the footsteps were getting farther away.

"nice name." I rolled my eyes at Mindy's response. That's the best she could say? How about asking her why she was running. I told Mindy that she should ask Ava that question, and she did. I thought Ava would take longer to respond, but she didn't.

"My mate."

"Why would you do that?" I was wondering the same thing. Did the girls mate do something to hurt her that made her run away? I checked on her skin to see if there were any forced markings on her neck, arms or anywhere else, but there was only the scraps on her knees where she recently fell.

"I'm not ready for a mate."

"Not ready?"

Ava was thinking. "I'm not apart of this pack, and when I crossed over the boarder to this pack I wasn't expecting much."

"Why did you come here if you aren't apart of the pack?"

"I..." Ava looked at the wall where some food was stacked up for emergencies, and then back at Mindy. Her eyes looked more alert. "I know you think I'm a rogue, but I'm not I swear!" Her hands were up in the air like she got caught by a cop.

I looked down at mindy's hand and saw it was gripping the gun slightly tighter and risen off the floor slightly. "Loosen your grip on the gun, it's making her nervous."

She loosened her grip. Ava saw, and slowly put her hands down to her sides.

"So, why are you here?"

"I came for a meeting."

"So you were apart of the neighboring pack meeting?" The girl didn't seem like the type of person people described at school.

"How do you know about that?"

"I think the whole pack knows about it. So who is this mate of yours? He must be important if they sent more than one person to find you."

"yeah, he is." She kept her eyes focused on the gun for some reason, like making sure that Mindy wasn't going to rise it again.

"So who is he?"

She looked down at her lap, as if ashamed with herself. "The Alpha."

The conversation went silent. Mathew had finally found his mate. I had mixed emotions going through my head thinking that it was only yesterday I thought he was my mate, but now he finally found his true mate, and she was right in front of me.

"He has been looking for his mate for such a long time. Why did you run? How did you escape?"

"That's a lot of questions all at once."

"Mindy, slow down," I said.

"Sorry, I'm just really curious."

Ava sighed. "Well, I guess the answer is the same one I told you before. I'm not ready for a mate, especially an Alpha mate, that means that I will be the Luna of this pack."

"Is that such a bad thing? To be Luna of this pack?"

"Yes! I mean..kinda." That answer got me mad for some reason. Just the thought of her finding her mate and not wanting to be with him got me upset. "Okay, let me explain. I am suppose to be the Alpha of my pack since my brother died a year ago. If I don't become Alpha of my pack, then my dad will have to find a new leader, and that will be the end of the line for my family's name as Alpha. I could never do that to my father and Mother."