Come On Angel, Don't You Cry : Chapter 15

Here is chapter 15 of INYOURSHADOW!! Only 7 chapters left till the end! Hope you guys are enjoying this fanfic! Please read, comment, and spread the word! On to chapter 15!! :DD

-----

COME ON ANGEL, DON'T YOU CRY

The funeral passed in a blur. Bill could hardly remember it at all, his mind was too messed up with grief. Tom had stayed by his side for most of it, keeping a protective hand on his shoulder. After it was over, Tom drove Bill home, his regret almost driving him insane. He would never have left Grammy if he knew it would cause Bill this much pain. Actually, he wouldn't have left Grammy, period, if it wasn't for his stupid fear. He gritted his teeth, and stopped the car. He climbed out of the driver's seat, pulling open Bill's door and gently guiding him to his room. Bill had been acting like a zombie all day. He hardly heard when anyone talked to him, he didn't eat anything, he hadn't even spoken to Tom at all. It was as if his mind had shut down. A wave of regret and pain overwhelmed Tom again, as he helped Bill onto his bed. 

"I'll leave now, 'kay? If you need me just call, I'll be here in a second." Tom said, looking into Bill's empty eyes. He didn't respond. 

"I'll... go now." Tom said, pained. He turned around, pulling the door closed behind him. Bill opened his mouth and whispered "Stay." but it was too late. He could hear Tom's car pulling out of the driveway. A sense of loneliness flooded him, and he continued to sit on the edge of his bed stiffly. He sat there for hours, all the way until Tom came to check on him later that night. 

"Bill?" Tom said softly, as he turned the doorknob and peered into the room. "Are you alright?"

Bill shook his head stiffly.

"Oh, Bill." Tom said, sitting beside him on the bed. He wrapped his arm around Bill's shoulders. Bill didn't move, or relax in Tom's arms. Tom let him sit there, and he looked around him at Bill's room. He realized that he had never seen Bill's room before yesterday, when Bill had first found out. He gazed at the various posters of singers and bands he had pasted on the walls. His room was neat-ish, with a couple of stacks of magazines piled sloppily in the corner of the room. His dresser was covered with products, from various eyeliners and mascaras to facial washes, moisturizers, talcum powder, cotton balls, lotion, deodorant, hairspray, toner, concealer, a lot of nail polish, hair straightener, make-up removers, cologne, a myriad of brushes, hand cream, hair dryer, cotton buds, and too many other things to count. The door of his walk-in closet was ajar, and he caught a glimpse of Bill's clothes. The closet looked like it was gonna burst with too much clothes inside. He could spot jeans, T-shirts, coats, belts, jackets, sweaters, hats, and that was just at a glance. He could see necklaces, bracelets, earrings, wrist bands, watches, rings, chokers, gloves, chains, and a million other accessories spread out on one wall of the wardrobe. If the situation wasn't so dire, he would have been teasing Bill senseless at Bill's room. 

Tom glanced back at Bill's face and noticed a tear slowly sliding down his pale cheek. He reached out and wiped it away with his finger. Finally, Bill leaned his head onto Tom's shoulder, whispering "I'm fine now."

Tom looked at him incredulously.

"You're not okay."

"Yes I am. Maybe not completely okay, but I'm better. Thanks." he said, trying hard to smile at him. It didn't work. 

Even though Tom didn't believe him, he smiled at him and gave his shoulders a reassuring squeeze. 

But Bill was telling the truth. He wasn't completely healed, but he was slowly getting there. Grammy's death was hard, but he was sure she didn't want him to be grieving for the rest of his life. And besides, he was sure the killer would be caught sooner or later. He sat up, wiping the last of his tears away.

"I'm not gonna cry anymore." he announced.

"I'm glad to hear that." Tom said, grinning.

Bill punched him lightly in the arm, smiling as best as he could. Tom smiled back.

-----

On the way home, Tom thought of something. Bill's grief may have left him, or at least a part of it has, but Tom's regret was even heavier on him now than ever. His twin had the courage to stop grieving and move on without Grammy. But Tom didn't have the courage to tell the truth, to save the police some time searching for a killer... to have Bill stop speaking to him ever again. He didn't want that. And even though he knew that Bill would sleep better knowing who had killed Grammy, he couldn't. He just couldn't. He didn't want to let go of the brother he never had.