Note

LINGER (REVISED)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: SMOAKING

2015

"So, you're Effy Schmitt?"

"Schmitt. Effy. And you're the Clerk girl."

"Clarkson girl, actually. Name's Elena."

"So, milk jugs?"

"Yeah. Not too much for me."

"So, uh, let me help you with your milk jugs."

"No, I should be the one helping you with your luggage. Has anyone welcomed you properly in our country?"

"Aside from the flight attendant, no one has. Yet."

"Well then..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Welcome to England, Miss Schmitt!"

"Jesus Christ."

In which two girls begin their sequels talking about milk jugs. Two girls. One room. Two girls. One record store. Two girls. One hell of a roller coaster. Two girls in need of saving. Two girls who are saviours.

[I'm writing this on the 1st of January 2016 in a cold internet cafe. I have returned from the dead, ladies and gents. I came to tell you that a.) the following chapters are edited and b.) I changed Ellie's surname to Clarkson. The whole thing has changed into this (hopefully) better one. I privatized the other chapters so I can focus on editing this dirtbag that I call a book.

This is dedicated to all the people who left me, to the people I left, to the people who kept me and to the people I kept.

Linger will be revised, better, much clearer than it used to. Like we all should be. We all should change. (Okay, this was supposed to be a normal author's note. It became a freaking pep talk.)

With love,

Anna]