Chapter 11: The Nephew And The Hospital

Peeta P.O.V.

I wake up in a light room, I lay under a thin blanket, in a paper shirt. I have a bandage around my head.
A docter comes into my room and looks at me.

'Mister Mellark, good that you're awake. You have a concussion. You have to rest a lot, but you can go home tomorrow night', he says.

My mother gave me a concussion? God, I really hate her.

'Can I have visitors?' I ask. The doctor nods. 'But not too much at a time, and you have to keep it light', he says. I nod. He takes a look at some things and then walks out.

I sigh. So, my mother gets it done. I'm in the hospital. Great.
I'm wondering when Katniss gets to know it...

The thought of our kiss slips into my head. I smile automatically.

But, what are we now? Friends? Lovers?

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm sitting in our livingroom, waiting for Plutarchs nephew. I don't want to be here. I want to be with Peeta. I don't even know where we stand.

The doorbell rings. My mother hurries to the door.

'Hello, Matthew, welcome', she says. 'Hello miss Everdeen, thanks for having me', I hear a male voice say.

Ugh, some rich boy that acts like a man of 60.

He walks into the room and looks at me. My mother whispers something in his ear, and then he sits next to me.

'Hello, I'm Mathew', he says. I nod at him. 'Katniss.' My mother gives me a I-warn-you-girl look. I force myself to smile at him.

After an hour of bullshit, my mother and Plutarch stand up.

'So, we're gonna leave you both alone, so you can get to know eachother', my mother says smiling and she walks to the kitchen with Plutarch. I roll my eyes.

Mathew sits a little bit closer to me.
'What are you doing here, if I may ask', I say. Mathew laughs. 'Your mother wants us to be together. And I don't mind that at all', he says, while he caress my hair. I shiver.

That bitch! She thinks she can just couple me?!

'I'm not looking for a boyfriend at this moment', I try. Mathew continues to caress my hair. 'Then we're gonna be friends first, and we'll see what happens', he says. I roll my eyes.

'Excuse me', I say as I stand up. Mathew frowns at me. I walk into the kitchen where my mother is kissing Plutarch.

'Why do you want me and Mathew to be together?' I ask. My mother looks at me. 'He has a good family, so we'll only get better of it', she says. My eyes widen.

'Do you even care about my feelings?' I say. For a moment there's a silence.
Then I hear the sound of my phone.

I've got a message.

"KATNISS, PEETA IS IN THE HOSPITAL, ANNIE AND I ARE ALREADY THERE, HE REALLY WANTS YOU TO COME. COME AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!
- FINNICK"

I stare at the screen.

Peeta is in the hospital? Why? What happened?

Without saying any other word, I grab my coat and walk out of the house.

'Katniss! Katniss come back!' I hear my mother screaming.

I have to get to Peeta!

Peeta P.O.V.

Finnick and Annie are in my room. I only knew Finnicks phone number so I called him.

'What happened, dude?' Finnick asks.

Make something up, Peeta, come on.

'Eh... I fell off the stairs', I say.

Then Katniss comes running into the room.

'Peeta!' she yells and she flies me around my neck, it hurts, but it's worth it.

I smile to her.
'Hey', I say with a hoarse voice.
'God, what happened?' she asks as she looks at the badage around my head, and the bruises that appeared on my jaw.
'He fell off the stairs', Finnick says. She looks questioning at me.

Don't show any suspicious behavior!

I nod.

Finnick stands up.
'We'll leave you two alone for a bit', he says as he takes Annie's hand. He walks out of the room.

'It was your mom, wasn't it?' Katniss asks immediately. I sigh and nod. She sighs too, but out of pity, I think.

'It's not that bad, don't worry', I say. She caress one of my bruises with her finger.

'We have to do something', she says. 'You can't. Even my father can't do anything. I'm okay, I swear', I say. She sighs. 'You have a concussion, bruises all over your body, and your voice sounds broken, how the hell can you be okay', she asks.

I smile at her. 'Because you are here', I say. She starts blushing.
'Look, about that kiss', she starts. But I interrupt her by pushing my lips onto hers.

When we pull apart, she smiles at me.
'I think about you all the time', she mumbles. I smile. 'Me too', I say.

'So... What are we now?' she asks.

Why do I have to answer that?

'I like you, a lot. And I know I want to be with you', I say. She blushes even more.

'Me too', she says. I place my finger under her chin and press my lips onto hers again.

'So, do you want to be my girlfriend?' I ask. She chuckles and nods.

**********

Yeeey Everlark is finally together! But, will everything be "just fine"? And what about Mathew? And what about the evil mothers?
Let me know what you want to read!
Love, -xxx-