Chapter 14: The Beachhouse

Peeta P.O.V.

Today, after school, I'm moving to the beachhouse. My mother found out that my father told me about it, and she beat me again. She didn't care about my concussion.

Right now I'm walking to school. I'm almost there. I can see Finnick and Annie stand by the door. I walk to them.

'Hi guys', I say. 'Hey, man. How do you feel?' Finnick asks. I hold up my shoulders. 'Okay, I guess', I say. He smiles in relief.

Then I see Katniss coming toward me. I wave at her and feel butterflies in my stomach.

She makes me forget everything, even my mother.

'Peeta!' she yells. She runs towards me and stands still right in front of me.
'Hey, there', I say. She smiles and takes my hand. I kiss her on her forehead.

Finnick clears his throat. 'Eh... When did that happen?' he asks, looking at our hands. We start to blush.

'A couple days ago', Katniss says. 'But it was already clear of course', Annie says. I frown at her. She chuckles.
'Everyone could see that you two liked eachother', she explains. I smile, but Finnick still looks confused. 'I didn't see it', he says. Katniss lets go of my hand and walks up to him. She hugs him. 'I still love you, Finny', she says. Finnick starts to blush. Annie and I laugh.

Then Gale comes towards us.
'What's so funny?' he asks. We laugh even harder. 'Nothing', Finnick says. Gale holds up his shoulders and takes Katniss hand.
'Katniss, can you come with me for a moment?' he asks. Katniss looks at hin and nods. She walks away with him, leaving me with a jealous feeling.

I don't like it when Katniss is alone with Gale. Finnick has Annie, so I know I can trust him with her, but Gale is single and a really good friend of Katniss. So, yes, I feel jealous of him.

Katniss comes back to us, looking scared. Gale has his hands on her shoulders.
'I'm moving in with Gale', she says, looking at the ground.

What?! Wait, why am I saying this in my head?

'What?' I ask. She doesn't look at me. 'Katniss' mom said that Katniss needs to live with me for a while, she said she had some things she had to take care of. I don't know what she meant by that', Gale says. I still stare at Katniss. Now she looks up, but she looks at Gale.

Katniss is gonna live with Gale? Why can't she come live with me in the beachhouse?

'What about Prim?' I ask. Now Katniss looks at me. 'She's going with me', she mumbles. I don't know what to say.

The bell rings, I want to walk in with Katniss, but she walks with Gale. I sigh.

The rest of the day, Katnisss was very quiet. I don't know what's wrong with her.
After the last bell, only me, Katniss and Gale are standing on the parking lot.

'I guess we should go', Gale says. I look at Katniss.

Please, say something! I want to be alone with you for just a minute!

But Katniss just nods and starts walking away. She quickly looks back, but she doesn't say anything. I sigh.

I step in my car and drive to the beachhouse. My father has already moved my stuff. The house is very pretty, with an absolute gorgeous view, but I can only think about Katniss.

I take a hot shower and sit on the couch in the livingroom.

What was wrong with her? I know that I don't like the idea of Katniss living with Gale, but she also seemed very down, almost disappointed.

I watch some tv, eat some food, and soon I lay in bed.

The only good point about this situation, is that I'm away from my mother. In a pretty house. I sigh and close my eyes.

********

Short chapter, I know, but I wanted to do a complete chapter from Peetas point of view, and at this point I should switch to Katniss', but I didn't want that. So that's it.
What did you guys think of this chapter? Why do you think that Katniss has to live with Gale? And why was she so down?
Let me know what you think!
Love, -xxx-