Chapter Nineteen

\\Nineteen//
Demetri

That dick. How dare here walk into the infirmary and act all caring and cuddly with Zoey? I ought to curb stomp him, I thought.

I walked away towards my buddy, Marcus. I was just exhausted and stressed out. I needed to figure out what the hell was going on. Did Zoey kill those girls? The pack was pissed about Gemma's death. I sure as hell didn't tell them it was Zoey, they would have my head. I wouldn't be shocked if someone were parents started taking their kids out of Shadow Creek.

Marcus started at me for a while. "You okay bro?"

I nodded slowly. "Just tired, stressed."

"You think Zoey did it?"

"Of course not. Something fishy is up," I shook my head. I saw Chase walk out of the infirmary. I narrowed my eyes at Chase. I needed to find out more about him.

Marcus satred at Chase, "What's up with that dude?"

"That's what we're gonna find out. Come with me." I started walking to the Forbidden dorms where the vampires were staying at. I looked around to see if I saw Gabriel. Gabriel was this vampire who knew all there was about each and every supernatural. He even knew information from the outside world. Rose and Burnett both don't allow certain items to be inside Shadow Creek. Gabriel was the guy you went to so you could get those items.

"Where's Gabriel?" I asked a female vampire that was chilling in the stoop. Believe her name was Lucie. Marcus' ex.

She grinned, "oh look. Washed up dogs. Hi Marcus. He's in room 230."

I rolled my eyes and walked down the trail looking for dorm 230. Knowing those vampires they would lie or just omit the truth. I walked straight to the directory and searched for Gabriel. 235. Those lying bastards. Marcus chuckled when he saw the directory.

"I didn't expect anything less from them. Especially Lucie." Marcus shook his head. "That bloodsucking bitch."

We walked towards dorm 235, music was blasting already and it wasn't even 3 o'clock yet. I walked inside and saw many females vampires dancing to the beat of the music in the living room. Drugged up faeries and witches danced along with them. The female vampires feeding upon them. It was like some sort of freaky orgy. I raised a brow.

Marcus chuckled. "Ah, does this even go with the rules?"

I shrugged. I started walking to Gabe's room. I walked inside without knocking. I should've knocked.

If I thought outside was an orgy, I was mistaken. Gabe was chilling over a bean bag and there was a woman draped across his lap. He was feeling from her while there was another female next to him licking the blood coming from his wrist. Another girl was on his other side whispering dirty things to him. Gabe. . . Well he was a ladies man. At 6'3" with nice straight hair and piercing grey eyes he was bound to have them all over him.

Gabe stopped feeding and stared at me. "Ah, Demetrius Bancroft, how may I help you?"

I stared at him and narrowed my eyes. I didn't like this vampire one bit, but I needed his help. "Tell me who is Chase."

Gabe nodded. "What I want in return is a favour that I can call in at anytime anywhere. Anything I ask you must do it."

I narrowed my eyes. Was this even worth it? I sighed. "Well, fine."

"Give me a few days, I'll bring you his file. I don't know much about him, but I'll be fun to figure him out," Gabe replied.

I nodded, walking out of the dorm quickly, feelimg like I sold my soul to the devil. Marcus nodded at Lucie. She smirked and walked away.

"What do you think he will find?" Marcus asked.

"Honestly, I don't know, I just hope it's worth it."

Marcus walked over to the bulletin board and groaned. "Crescent moon and council meeting. Why would they have it on the same night?"

I raised a brow. "Most of the council is made out of wolves. Why would they do that?"

"To probably get them not to attend, since the vampires will be at full strength," Burnett explained as he walked up to us.

"The weres won't be intimidated with the vampires this evening. We've taken the power two hundred years ago and it's been that way since then, there's no way the weres will back down," Marcus replied.

Burnett agreed. "Alright I'll see you guys in an hour, stay out of trouble."

I smirked and contiued walking. Marcus stared at me for a second. "I'll be back."

Marcus started walking towards the vampires dorms again. I raised a brow. Was he going back to Lucie?

I turned towards the infirmary again. I wanted with see Zoey. I walked inside and checked the desk out. No one attending so maybe I could walk right in without signing--

"Yes, Mr. Bancroft?"

I groaned and turned around. "Hi Ms. Laila, may I see Zoey?"

Laila shook her head. "You know better to ask me that."

"That's why I was going to walk straight in," I mumbled, just fed up with this already. Laila was our healer and since Shadow Falls and Shady Creek joined forces she of course became the healer as well. But since that happened, she was more. . . Annoying.

"She needs rest, time to heal. If you're there it'll rouse her up."

More like arouse, I thought with a smirk on my face. "Very well then Ms. Laila. I was going to warn you that there's a bloody fight at the treeline. . . But now maybe I should keep quiet."

Laila's eyes grew wide and she shoved past me hurriedly. I slipped down the hall and walked to the end of hallway. I was just about to open the door but then I saw Chase talking to a sleeping Zoey. I tensed up, ready to charge in, but first I wanted to hear what he was saying.

"You did good Zoey. You're a good girl. Maybe I'll reward you later, eh? Sorry this happened to you, but all good girls get warnings was well." Chase stroked Zoey's hair and trailed a finger down her cheek. His fingers brushed over her bottom lip. He exposed her fangs, touching them lightly with his finger. He looked up and straight at me.

I narrowed my eyes and walked in. "What the fuck are you doing?"

His facade went up quickly. "What do you mean?"

Zoey moaned and stretched, turning around slowly. Her shirt raised up, showing a part of her breast. I quickly grabbed her shirt and tugged it down. Zoey's eyes fluttered and she awoke.

"What's going on?" She mumbled.

"Nothing baby. Go to sleep," I whispered, while glaring at Chase.

"Sleep with me," She moaned.

I nodded and slipped intside the blankets. Instantly, she moved her body towards mine, curling her figure against mine. I half smiled, loving the feel of her.

"You should leave now," I told Chase.

He nodded sternly and left without a word.