-; 三

June 12, 2015
Saturday
3:17 PM

He wanted to meet up with me.

"Jaehee, I have something to tell you. Meet me at the church at 4." His voice was stern and serious. What was wrong?

"Oh.. Ok sure." He didn't even say goodbye, which was weird of him. He never forgets to greet me or bid me a goodbye. Something is definitely wrong.

As I made my way to the doorway, I unconsciously hit our picture. Me and Taehyung's picture. We had the best smile on, as we posed with our newly worn rings. But now, it had a crack in the middle, threatening to break anytime soon. But I had no time to fix it. Taehyung was waiting for me on the church.

Lots of thoughts were running through my head as I neared the church. I shrugged it off as my pace sped. I was practically jogging now.

When I arrived on the church, I took a breath and made my way inside. Everything was still the same. The slightly lit altar— everything except for Taehyung himself, who looked devastated.

My heart still melts every time I see him.

I ran up to him and flashed a warm smile. "Hey Taehyung, what'd you call me for?" I mumbled as I cuddled myself into his collarbone. I love his fragrant scent that gets me twitched every time.

"Jaehee."

He untangled my arms that were wrapped in his shoulders. He looked at me with a strong gaze.

"I have something to tell you..." He averted his gaze to the floor, not meeting my eyes as he spoke.

"Tae, what's wrong?" I looked over his eyes with concern.

"Jaehee I, I- Let's break up." My heart died. After only six months of our 'marriage', he was just going to end it like this? How about all the adventures we took, our memories together? He was just going to forget it?

"Taehyung, stop kidding me! That's a bad joke you got there!' I tried to laugh it off, thinking it was all another prank by Taehyung. I laughed nervously, my voice betraying me as it cracked.

"I'm serious. Let's break up. I'm tired of our relationship." No. This can't be happening. My worst nightmare can't be happening right now. I wouldn't be able to live without Taehyung.

"Please, Taehyung, No. Please I- I would never—" I struggled to find my words as I was still dazed with his words. "How about all the adventures we still have to make? What about the memories we still have to make? What about our dreams that we still have to make? We promised to do it all together, right? We promised to love each other even in our deepest downs! We promised! What about us? Taehyung what?" My tears were uncontrollably streaming down my face now. It hasn't sunk to me that he hated me now. This isn't reality.

I shook him as his tears were threatening to fall. "Answer me Taehyung! How about all my love for you?"

His tears trickled down his cheeks. "Jaehee, I'm sorry. I love you but I have to let you go."

And with that he bid me his last kiss.

"Goodbye, Kim Jaehee."

He faced his back to me and started walking away like that.

"No, Taehyung. Wait! Come back!" I wailed as I ran up go him and back hugged him. But he helplessly untangled my arms on him. "Jaehee."

I was left there helpless, sitting in the cold hard grounds of the church. The church where it all started. The church where our love was kept a promise.

And now, the promise is broken. Maybe it's true that promises are really meant to be broken. Maybe it's just right to accept that the reality is harsh. Maybe Taehyung was just a temporary front to cover the cruel reality.

Maybe he has to go now.

Maybe I should stop being selfish. Maybe if I let him go, things will be better for him.

Maybe it is.

"Goodbye, Kim Taehyung."