Kidnapped - Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I could not believe what my Mum had just said. I had a twin sister that she had never told me about! 

I angrily nodded, gesturing for her to continue. “When your father and Erin left…” she continued speaking, but only one word was echoing through my head. 

Erin. 

Erin. 

Erin. 

Erin was my twin sister? 

A thought struck me, a thought that scared me greatly. If Erin was my twin…… then was Scar was my father? 

I let out an ear splitting scream and Mum hushed me. The doctor and the nurse rushed in from before and Dan followed after them. Mum spoke to them quietly and I started sobbing. 

Dan silently sat down in the chair beside me and held my hand tightly. It was comforting to know he was there, but the pain in my heart knowing that Scar was my Dad was unbearable. I started sobbing harder and Mum walked over to my bed. Dan politely stood up, so Mum could sit down in the chair.

Dan didn’t make any move to leave the room, which I was pleased about. He is an amazing best friend. 

“You better start explaining, Jillian,” he ordered. 

Mum looked taken aback, but she continued telling our life story.

“When your Dad left with Erin, the police and I tried to contact him. It was no use. I changed my last name and your last name to Blair; which is my maiden name. I didn’t hear of your Dad until the next year, when I received a letter in the mail stating that it wasn’t over. The police couldn’t do anything, as there was no return address.  When you were kidnapped, I knew it was your Dad who had taken you,” she ended there and Dan looked dumfounded. 

“Are you saying, that Scar is Casey’s Dad? How…how.?” Dan stuttered and I started crying again. 

Mum stroked my hair, just like she used to when I was a little girl. 

“Mum, where’s Erin?” To my pleasant surprise, I could speak better again. 

“Case, she was fine. She had quite some bruising, but her cuts were only minor. But when she was discharged…..she committed suicide.” I felt as if a bomb had been dropped onto my heart. This sounded unbelievable. The way she said it, it sounded like she didnt even care.  How much more pain did I have to go through? My own twin sister was dead. 

“A-and what about Jess?” I asked, scared what the answer might be. 

“She’s fine.” Mum replied. 

“But why did Scar come after me and why would he hurt both of his daughters?” I exclaim. 

“Because he wanted to get back at me, even though our destroyed relationship was mainly his fault,” she answered, not looking at my face. I sank lower into my bed and Mum stood up. 

“I’m going out now, Case. I’ll go home and I’ll come back in a few hours,” she kissed my cheek and smiled at Dan as she left my room. 

I sighed. 

“Casey-” 

“Dan-” 

We both started talking at the same time. I giggled and Dan broke into his trademark grin.

“Oh how I’ve missed your smile,” he spoke softly. 

A blush crept onto my face and i glanced down. 

“Dan when I was away, I realised how much you really meant to me,” I murmured, taking his hand. 

He smiled at me and I felt my heart soar. 

“Casey, I love you more than anything else in the world. You’ve always been the number one person in my life,” he said, ducking his head.

“Dan, I love you too, I couldn’t imagine life without you,” I whispered. 

My eyes met his and i smiled tentatively.

"Kiss me, Dan," i whispered softly.

His eyes lit up and i knew he felt the same way.  He lent down so slowly, his lips brushing mine. My heart started beating faster and i realised Dan was my everything.

"You are so beautiful," he smiled, stroking my hair.

My hand found his and i placed it over my heart.

"Do you hear my heart beating right now?" i say and he nods slowly.

"I owe it all to you, Dan. You're my hero."