Chapter 2

Chapter 2 ~ The silent cry for help

''Completely and utterly wasted.'' Someone added, causing both of the teenage boys to snap their head at the sudden sound. They faced the girl that both of them had seen last evening. Unlike their first meeting, she was now dressed in a sleeping gown from the hospital. Her thick, brown hair was curling slightly and seemed very frizzy. Her skin was very pale, occasionally some acne showed up on spots.

Scott frowned, he had seen her cry three seconds ago and now she seemed to be just fine again. He noticed at how she smiled at him, specifically at him.

''Don't uh- Don't worry. It was his first time being that drunk.'' Scott answered, he stood a bit perplexed by her. He had seen her more than just once but suddenly she seemed to give him a different vibe. She didn't seem as scared and weak as she looked before.

''Oh, you don't hear me complaining.'' Nova laughed, immediately feeling an awkward tension building up as the boys didn't laugh with her. Even if she was being an unpleasant companion as of right now, she felt proud for at least speaking to the boys.

''Hi.'' Was all Stiles could say as he quietly waved at her. He hadn't expected her to look like this from up close. He wasn't even sure what to think of it, but it felt rather different than what he was used to seeing.

Striking her hospital shirt neat, Nova walked pasted the boys. She laid her hand on the doorknob and looked at the wooden door that was only an inch away from her face. ''Oh, and boys.'' She said, causing the boys to turn their heads at her. She turned her own head for a quarter so that the boys could see one side of her face. ''Don't forget, this week there's a full moon.''

She walked out, leaving Stiles and Scott shook behind. Both of them sat frozen for three seconds, neither had expected that dramatic scene but most of all neither had expected of her to be a part of the supernatural world.

They realized however that the girl had only been messing with them, when they heard a fake werewolf howl coming from just outside of the door.

Scott started laughing uncontrollably while Stiles pulled his eyebrows up in confusement. ''What? I don't get why that's so funny.'' He murmured, begging for an explanation that Scott just wouldn't give him.

,

''Kids, there is not any information in our records about the girl. She practically appeared out of nowhere. Besides, she refuses to tell us about her parents or where she lives. Please do me a favor and keep an eye on her, will you?''

,

What happens when you tell two boys to watch a girl? That's right, they decide to drive four miles an hour next to the girl of their assignment. Of course she had noticed right away when a car approached her really closely but that didn't mean she stopped walking.

Scott's window was rolled down before he slightly leaned out of it. ''Hey, where are you going?'' Scott questioned, still finding it strange how this girl was even allowed to leave the hospital bare foot.

Nova shrugged her shoulders, pointing right in front of her as she tried to smile back at Scott. ''That way.'' She spoke, not feeling the need to continue this conversation as badly as her opponents.

Stiles laughed a bit too loud, ''What a coincidence, we're also going that way! Need a ride?'' He blurted excitedly before he could even realize how plain stupid that sounded. He saw her chuckle and shake her head nicely, rejecting the offer in an almost shy way.

''I'm good, thanks.'' She expected the boys to nod and speed up but they stubbornly kept driving next to her. ''No offence, but I'm starting to consider the two of you as stalkers now.'' She added, looking straight forward as she felt her mind craving for relaxation.