Chapter 14

Chapter 14 ~ A bird that wasn't a bird

That night a lot happened. Allison's aunt had been killed by the greatest werewolf, Alpha Peter Hale. He himself had been burned alive by Jackson and Stiles. Then, lastly, Derek had taken Peters life and so he had become an Alpha himself. The night seemed to go on forever and sweat wouldn't stop erupting from the pores of Stiles.

But now, at about 1 in the morning Stiles was finally laying in his bed. It had never felt more comfortable than it did at that moment- And even though Stiles felt utterly exhausted, he couldn't fall asleep right away. His emotions were still on one hell of a rollercoaster. Thank god everyone was in peace now.. Unless Derek suddenly changes his mind about things.. Oh god.

He was overall satisfied though. Stiles even felt proud for figuring out that Kate Argent was a true betrayer of the hunting family. Pretty much, if it hadn't been for Stiles things could have ended up a lot more nasty. With that proud thought, he fell asleep eventually.

,

She came to his house at 2:02 in the morning. It was a raining hell outside, the wind was strong and flashes of light continuously lit up the streets. Nonetheless, the weak girl barely seemed to notice the thick drops of water streaming down her face. She didn't even struggle to climb onto the roof of Stiles' veranda. Slowly walking towards the window, she blinked once.

Rain drops, clattering on the roof.

Soft snores, erupting from the parted lips from the pale boy.

The then sudden knock on the glass window.

He woke up very slowly and made an almost cat-like purr as he stretched his arms. Grabbing his thick pillow he then tried to dig his head as deep as possible into the soft texture. His attempt on getting more comfortable wasn't succeeding and it started to annoy him. He'd almost fallen asleep again but two knock on the window kept him awake. He licked his dry, chapped lips and inhaled deeply.

Stiles

He slowly opened his eyes and frowned deeply, not exactly sure if he had just imagined a girl pronouncing his name. His heart was already pouncing a bit faster. He had pulled a conclusion already with only one piece of information. He calmed down as the minutes went by. He was probably dreaming about some girl..

Let me in, Stiles

He threw his hand into the direction of the light switch. Turning the small lamp on his nightstand on, his head shot into all directions to see if anything ordinary was inside of his room. Although the small amount of light felt better than the complete darkness, Stiles still felt stressed. He reached casually for the bat under his bed, just in case.

''Relax, you're sleep deprived. Nothing's happening-'' Stiles told himself repeatedly, tightening his grip around the wood anyway.

A knock on the window.

This couldn't be a twig, the wind or the rain. This hand something odd, something strange Stiles couldn't put his finger on. His breath was already loud and inconsistent. He could feel his heart beat in his throat, and if Scott had been awake he could probably hear it too.

''Just a bird, Stiles. Come on, man up. Just a birdie bird.'' He murmured to himself, definitely noticing how his attempts to calm himself down weren't working for the slightest bit. That is why he unconsciously dared himself to get out of bed and walk to his window. Perhaps he had felt a bit too much of a hero a few hours back and he perhaps still had adrenaline floating in his veins.

Stiles rolled out of bed and hold onto his baseball bad tightly. As his right hand was holding the bat, his left hand started pulling on the string of the curtains. Slowly, moon light began to fall into his room. One inch after another the curtain made room for moon light. But then, the window got smashed in. The view of his curtains being ripped into half and the sound of an unmanageable high shriek made Stiles scream along. It all happened in seconds and before Stiles could see what had broken the window, a body fell onto his floor. Stiles started slamming around his bat, his eyes tightly closed as he hoped for it to be over soon.