Chapter Twenty-Two

"Another scotch." I say to the bartender as I set my empty glass on the counter in front of me. A party version of a Taylor Swift song blares through the speakers of the club while Amber and her sorority sisters attempt to sing along. I would lie and say that I have no idea how I ended up here, except I do know how. Almost anytime I get in a fight, I somehow always seem to end up drunk at a bar. Although I'm still not sure why I'm at the same club as my director of marketing's PA's birthday party. I guess I've always been a sucker for young desperate girls.

I watch the girls on the dance floor grind on one another while they laugh at their drunkenness. Previously, I would love this sight. I would want nothing more than to join in on their fun, however I have no interest in any of those girls but they do a good job of distracting me from the one thing that captures my attention most at the moment.

I don't even know why Andy is at this party in the first place. It's not like she knows Amber, or Frank for that matter. She's hardly even a part of the Styles team, and yet here she is, sipping on a scotch with her boy friend breathing all over her neck. The pair are actually revolting; he keeps kissing all over her, and she seems unfazed by his actions, almost like she doesn't like it. That's the exact opposite of how she looked when I was kissing her neck. Her eyes practically rolling in the back of her head as she moaned my name-

The loud smack of a glass on the bar interrupts my thoughts, and I see that bartender has given me another drink. I don't hesitate to grab the glass and toss it back before I set the now empty glass back on the counter.

This isn't how the night was supposed to go. Coming to the bar was only going to help loosen me up, yet it's having the opposite effect on me. Jacks whole reaction to me fucking Andy pissed me off, but then I got mad at myself when I realized that I told the one person who was sure to freak out about my interaction with her. Why did it matter if I slept with her or not? And why did I tattle on myself to Jack about it?

Deep down I knew the answer why. It was like with any other girl I slept with, it wasn't a big deal and I almost always regretted it. Everyone of my encounters were always the same: distant, quick , and emotionless. That wasn't the case with Andy. With her it seemed different, and even though I loved to say that I regretted what happened, I didn't. If anything I would gladly repeat it. That's exactly why I had to tell Jack about it. Finally telling him would allow me to regret or at least rethink what happened between us. Although, that's not how I felt now. Now I was just pissed at Jack for him acting exactly how I hoped he would. The whole situation was rather pathetic.

"Well, well, well, did Harry Styles actually take a break from the office?" I turn around in my seat to see Frank looking at me with a wide grin, beer in hand.

I give him a smirk.

"Only if that involves half naked twenty year old girls." I half joke, turning my seat back towards the bar as I motion for another scotch.

He laughs.

"I couldn't have said it better myself. How's the deal with Fraiser coming along?" He asks. I hate 99% of the human population, however Frank is one individual I actually enjoying being around. His wanting to know about the partnership doesn't bother me at all.

"It's going well. We hope to make a decision after 60 days." I reply, not wanting to let him know too much information about the merger.

"Let me guess, the two months were her idea." He asks, already knowing the answer.

I laugh.

"You hit the nail right on the head." I say, both of us knowing good and well the type of person Andy is.

He takes a sip of his beer.

"That Andy is a hand full." He replies, shaking his head before he turn on the direction of the girl we're talking about.

"I'm sure Amber is no walk in the park, either." I shoot back, wanting to think about anything else besides Andy. I would rather talk about paint drying than think about her.

He shrugs.

"She's a good kid." He says, making it sound like she's his daughter rather than assistant/fuck buddy.

Frank looks around as if he's searching for something.

"I'll catch up with you later. Take care, Harry." He tells me before disappearing into the crowd.

I watch after him as I take my final scotch from the bar tender, tossing it back before I walk away from the counter and towards the restrooms. I'm not even sure why I'm going, most likely just to get away from everyone.

In the middle of maneuvering through the dance floor, I'm stopped by Frank's girlfriend.

"Harry! You came!" She yells excitedly, her arms in air like she's celebrating, but also because she wants to hug me.

Amber is actually extremely hot. Long dark hair, brown eyes, tan skin, and not to mention an amazing body.

"There's the birthday girl." I reply, forcing a smile.

I didn't want to run into anybody, but especially Amber. Although she's super hot, she's also extremely annoying.

"Come dance with me!" She yells, grabbing my arm and tugging me towards her.

I immediately want to pull away, but then I catch a glimpse of Andy by the banister on the second floor, her eyes watching me like a hawk.

I give in, hoping to catch her attention at least some what, but knowing she probably won't even care. I quickly shake the thought away. There's no reason I should care if Andy is paying any attention to me or not; I'm sure it's just the alcohol talking.