Chapter Twenty five

Super quick author's note: I am so incredibly thankful that I have almost reached 23k reads, you guys seriously have no idea how much that means to me. With that being said, I would love for you all to comment your reactions through the story. I love to see what everyone is thinking and feeling so please, please, please try it with this update

The rest of the week went by without any more stressful situations arising, mostly because Andy kept to herself for the remainder of the work week. Jack was also absent which helped me accomplish a large amount of work without too many interruptions.

This week has gone by slow, no thanks to the drama that's come a long with have your best friend as a Vice President, and a girl that you've slept with who is also a major business partner.

I finish buttoning my shirt before I grab my sports coat and make my way down the stairs. Apsona corps VP emailed me back, asking if I would like to get drinks with him this evening. We both agreed that it was more of a casual occasion rather than a business event, but I decided that this was great opportunity to get my foot in the door with an investment deal. I need as much financial help as I can get if this merger were to end badly.

I head out the front door of my penthouse heading to the main elevators. It's here that I notice a girl with golden blonde hair stacked on top of her head. Although I can only see the back of her, I'm positive that it's Andy, except for the fact that that makes absolutely no sense. Why would Andy be in my apartment building? As I approach the elevator, my doubts are quickly put to rest.

"Andy?" I ask, already knowing the answer to my question.

The girl turns around is definitely her, however she looks nothing like the way she does any other time I've seen her. Instead of a perfectly painted face, there is not one trace of make up. Rather than her hair being styled, it's pulled back messily into a bun. In place of a dress or skirt, she's wearing a giant hoody. But the biggest variation from the way she looked just this morning, is her puffy red eyes making it obvious that she's been crying.

She forces a smile, her eyes glossy making it look like the tears will start again at any moment.

"Hey Harry, what's up?" She asks, trying her best to act as if nothing is wrong with her, however her voice shakes.

I don't pity her for the state she's in, but I feel genuinely worried for her. Every time I ever see her she's poised and put together, making sure to appear strong and confident. However this is the complete opposite of the normal Andy.

I take a step towards her, wondering why on earth she's at my apartment in such a vulnerable state. Something must seriously be wrong if she's turning to me at a time like this.

"What's wrong?" I ask, not even trying to hide the concern in voice. My mind flickers to her boyfriend. Did he do something to her? I wouldn't hesitate to bash his skull in.

She shakes her head.

"I'm fine." She lies, quickly turning around to hide her face. She's not fooling me though, I know good and well that she wouldn't be at my apartment right now, obviously upset, if she was "fine".

I walk over to her, turning her around and staring at her face, her eyes widen at my actions.

"What's wrong?" I repeat, being a little more forceful this time. I  scan her face for some hint on what she's feeling. Her eyes finally find mine, and the tears begin to form in the corners.

"Are you going to tell me why you're in my apartment building on my floor crying or are you just going to pretend that I'm stupid enough to believe that everything is okay?" I ask, my voice somewhat harsh, but Andy doesn't seem phased by it.