Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 3: Falling

*Picture of Will above!!*

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" -Mark Twain

**************

|Edited| (2/14/2017)

A small girl of about seven stood at the edge of a steep hill. A huge board hung above "Bungee jumping" written in clear and bold letters across it. The man in front of her smiled encouragingly, offering her his hand, but she was too scared to even move. "Come on." the man said "You won't regret it." The girl didn't budge, she just let out a whimper. 

The man kept his tone soothing but he was getting impatient. "Come on darling. Don't be scared, I won't let anything happen to you. Promise." He tried again offering his hand, the girl still didn't move. "Honey, the other people waiting behind you in line for their turn are getting upset." the man said with a small frown. 

Suddenly the little girl felt a hand squeeze her shoulder she looked up and saw her mother's beautiful face. Her pale skin seemed to glow in the sunlight, her dark mane of hair flowing freely behind her in the wind. Her kind eyes smiled down at her daughter. 

She got down to her knees so she could be at eye level with her. "What's the matter sweetie?" she asked in her melodious voice. "I'm scared." the little girl whispered sniffling. Her mother smiled "It's okay to be scared darling. Everyone is scared of something at some point. It's what makes us human, but having the courage to overcome what we fear is what makes us brave, it's what makes us great, and you my darling are destined for greatness." She said, giving her daughter a hug.

The little girl smiled. Suddenly she didn't feel so hesitant. Yes she was scared but that didn't hold her back anymore. Determination filled her, she wanted to overcome her fear. She wanted to be brave, she wanted to be great. 

She looked back at her mother who gave her an encouraging smile. That was all she needed. She gave the man her arm shyly and waited as he fitted her with the body and waist harnesses and attached the chord. She now stood at the very edge of the hill overlooking the beautiful valley below. "Nod when you're ready." the man said kindly. She could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins. She felt the anticipation, she was still nervous but now she wanted to do it. She knew she could. She gave a stiff nod and closed her eyes. She felt a push and suddenly she tumbled forward into empty space, she was falling forward. She relaxed and spread her arms as calmness took over. She knew her mother was watching from above. She could picture the look of pride she had on her face. She straightened her legs and arms further. 

At that moment she knew what being free felt like. It felt like flying. 

A smile formed on her lips. She braced herself for the strong jerk she was bound to feel as the chord ran out but it never came. She finally opened her eyes but suddenly she was enveloped by darkness rather than the beautiful landscape that had been around her earlier. She wasn't wearing her harness, the chord had disappeared too. She was falling and falling into what seemed like never ending darkness. She tried to call out to her mom but no sound came out.

With a final sob she crashed.

**************

I gasped for air. Someone was talking soothingly to me. I opened my eyes only to look up into two beautiful grey ones gazing down into mine.

It was a dream, no, a memory. I had seen my mother. It had been years since I had dreamed about her.

I noticed my cheeks were wet. I took in my surroundings. I was in a car and it was moving.

 The part of the car seat I was currently laying my head on suddenly moved I realized it wasn't the car seat at all, it was someones lap. I gasped as I got up really quickly I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Are you okay?" the handsome man asked me concern lacing his voice "You started crying in your sleep. Are you alright?" I didn't respond.

I had no idea what was going on "Where am I?" I mumbled my mind still foggy. 

"Marriah?" he said a little hesitantly this time and placed a hand on my shoulder. 

It seemed as if his touch made a bulb go off in my brain. 

"Will?" I said uncertainly, finally recognizing him.

Suddenly everything that had happened came crashing down. The running, the hiding, the kidnapping everything came rushing back. I felt the air being knocked out of my lungs. 

I was getting light headed.

"Oh no!" I let out a strangled cry. Will put his arm around me firmly, supporting me as I went through with my panic attack.

"Everything will be okay." He said giving me a reassuring squeeze "I won't let anything happen to you." He said in a determined voice. He tightened his grip around me and his eyes met mine briefly "I promise." He almost whispered as if he were promising himself instead of me.

The funny thing was, I believed him. Him being beside me made me feel safer.

A part of me blamed him for me being in this mess. But the rational part knew that it wasn't his fault. I had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I knew that he had saved my life back in the book store. He had given up his chance of escaping to save me. I could tell by the look of guilt in his eyes that he thought otherwise.

"It's not your fault." I murmured. He studied me with those beautiful eyes of his, clearly taken aback, I saw regret wash over his sculpted features.

"How can you say that?" His eyes searched mine.

"Because it's true." I replied "The only ones to blame are those despicable men who were after you."

He looked like he wanted to say something more but decided against it and continued looking forward with his jaw clenched.

Suddenly the car we were in jolted to a stop. The door beside me opened. Before I had time to react Tattoo-freak's bulky body came into view. He wore a disgusting grin on his face.

"We're here. The boss wants to see you. Both of you." he says looking in my direction and emphasizing on 'Both'

"You have ten seconds to get out of the car before me and my men drag you out ourselves."

*************

Sean O'Pry makes the world a lot more beautiful!! 

Also I think he's the perfect Will;Tall, deep set eyes, Strong jaw, Dark hair ;)

A/N: I will be posting a bonus chapter for this story after I'm done with the editing!