Chapter 2: Like Butterflies

November 27, 2015 23:55

Disclaimer: None of the Naruto's characters appearances or any of that is mine. The story idea is though :>

Warning: A bit of SasuNaru-ish but its more of an obsession rather than love. Dead people. Depression. And um..uh...what else...odd..thoughts process.

This is the 6th freaking time I rewrote this chapter. Not even going to bother with life anymore. It's only the second chapter and I'm already struggling...

Present Age

Naruto: 19

Sasuke:10

•••••••••••••••

Chapter 2: Like Butterflies

It was 6:24 in the morning. The sun had just broke dawn, yet a crowd wasted no time surrounding the Uchiha's property. Journalists, polices, civilians, detectives, nurses and doctors, even an occasional curious cat, buzzed around like bees near their nest. However, they all went unnoticed by Naruto. There were screeching sounds of emergency vehicles and police shouts all around. Yet, his ears couldn't register it. Arms and hands were pulling on him, footsteps constantly pounding on the floor. But his nervous system couldn't feel it. He was numb to the world. All he could see was a lifeless body covered in a beautifully stained red, white sheet. The wheels turning as the hospital cart moved along the marble floor, it was the only thing that managed to dig its way into Naruto's ears. The cold wind swishing as the cart ran by was the only thing he could feel on his tan skin. It sent an unknown chill down his entire spine. He did it again...and succeeded everytime...he killed a person close to him. It was too much of a coincident that everyone who are important to him just happened to drop dead. Unconsciously, the blond gazed down at his own shaky hands. It was the hands of a grim reaper and a murderer. How long will it be before the police busted his criminal ass? The next time he look at himself in the mirror, it'll be behind metal bars. Funny how he can think of such things despite his second mother figure just fucking died. Ah, he's a therapist, an expert of human's emotional patterns, he should know better. Humans tends to focus on other subjects to distract themselves from reality's cruel punches. Like wrestlers focusing on the fight to numb their pain...but the damage stays the same nonetheless. If his rib is broken, it is broken, thinking about something else, won't heal it.

"Uzumaki Naruto?" A soft voice asked. At the corner of his eyes, Naruto could see the tip of their dress shoe. A police lady. Without, looking up, he nodded toward the voice.

"Are you alright? Can you walk?" The voice said once again. Naruto could hear the worry and questioning tone in the woman's voice. He couldn't understand the meaning of those soft words. He was standing fine. Fine. Straight. Normal. Fine. His knees didn't feel shaky, his feet didn't hurt, he wasn't physically hurt, just mentally traumatized, emotionally damaged and spiritually broken. Nothing new. Nothing impossible to handle or hide.

"Naruto," a different voice called. This one was toneless yet held so much power and intimidation that it smacked the blond right out of his train of thoughts. He recognized that voice, it belongs to someone he knew. Someone he knew only for a short time yet they became the root of fear in the blond. Fear that soon enough, he'll force this person to jump off the "life" cliff, too.

"Look at me," the voice demanded once again. The vibrations in the tone sending shivers down Naruto's spine and raising every little hair on his neck. He shook his head persistently like a defiant child refusing to obey his parents. He didn't want to see what was written on that beautifully crafted face. He was too afraid of criticism, of resentment..of death that often danced in those obsidian eyes. Never blinking, hypnotic and silent. Sasuke's eyes never spoke a word of his mind. Those dark orbs were always judging but it never shows the result of the judgement. It was empty and..sorrowful. As if staring into a corpse's soul.