January 9th, 2015

Dear Nobody,

Grey is acting weird. I don't know what's up with him but ever since Wednesday two days ago when he tried to hit on me again, we haven't really spoken that much. It really sucks because he's one of my best friends and he's really fun to talk to but yesterday, he didn't go to school and I had to work until close at the library so I didn't meet them at the Ronlux to hang out. I don't know if he's avoiding me now, but he didn't go to school today either. Whatever his deal is, he needs to figure it out because he's throwing his hissy fit about me cutting off our sexual relationship and it's getting ridiculous and annoying.

Today, I don't have work so once I finish writing this, I'm going to meet my friends over in the Ronlux. Everybody else had to work today though, so I'm wasting some time until my friends get off of work and we can hang out together. Cece just texted me, telling me that she's off of work and once she stops by the Walmart to pick up Tasha, they'll both be over to hang out while we wait for everybody else to get off.

I also got a text from Danni reminding me to fill out that application that she'd given me for the college in Iowa that she wants me to apply to because she has connections with the admissions guy. I didn't respond to her because although I don't want to apply to the school, it would make Danni happy so I guess that it wouldn't absolutely kill me to give her the complete application. After I exploded on her for the New Year party incident, things have been kind of tense between us so maybe everything will iron out if I just fill out the stupid application.

I just don't want to get my hopes up for something that I know that I don't have a shot for. I've had enough disappointment in my life, I don't need to ask for more.

Picture included: on my way home today

Sincerely
Luna Rose

I stuff the letter where it goes under my bed and head toward the Ronlux with a stash of weed tucked into the small pocket of my bag because today just feels like a great time to utilize my small stash of weed. Jules might have some but I don't want to take any chances—I need to get high right now, it's the only way that I'll really be able to calm down from all of the stress that I've been feeling.

In the living room, Nathan is sitting on the couch with Frosty and I just keep walking through the room, ignoring them and they ignore me as well which is how we've been functioning ever since the party where he hit me. Well, that's really how we've always functioned but I feel like now, things are even more tense than they used to be and I feel a lot more anxious when we're in the same room together, afraid that he's had too much to smoke and that he'll lash out at me again for absolutely no reason at all.

"Where are you headed?" Frosty asks me, breaking our golden rule of not speaking to each other under any circumstance.

I turn to glance at him, surprised that he even said anything to me after three weeks of being able to avoid each other just fine. I don't say anything to him in fear of upsetting Nathan, because he's so terrifying but he doesn't even turn to look at me, keeping his eyes on the TV as if I'm not even standing behind him.

Apparently able to sense my discomfort, Frosty just laughs and nudges Nathan with his shoulder, who still doesn't budge. "Don't worry about this guy, he's a teddy bear. Come hang out."

"Fuck off," I mumble irritably as I swing open the front door to leave the apartment and go next door to the abandoned building where Cece and Tasha are probably waiting for me.

Once I get to the Ronlux, I get into the lobby area and, like many times before, I see a hobo laying on the receptionist desk. He may be too intoxicated to move, he may be sleeping, he might even be dead. Instead of trying to wake up the lump of dirty ratted hair, I just tip toe past the desk and into the basement so that I don't disturb his rest. Most of the homeless people that I've met in this building have been kind enough meaning that they leave me and my friends alone. Some, however, get violent. They want my bag or my shoes or my jacket and that's when they get dangerous. I don't need to find out what kind of homeless man this guy is.