Chapter 8

Authors note:
ITS BEEN SO LONG! Sorry for the like 3+ month wait. I wasn't very inspired to write so I procrastinated way too much. Anyways I'm back. :-) I had to read my whole story just to remember what even happened 😂 so that's that.

Chapter 8:
He opened the door and his room was the same as it was in 9 th grade. I remembered his room too much, I remembered where he put everything because that's what friendship does to you. It makes you grow close together, and it makes you happy. Maybe one day I'd be lucky enough to have a guy like him one day. He sat on his bed and I sat next to him, he talked about her condition while I spaced away looking into his eyes. His voice snapped me out of my transit but I didn't hear him.

"I'm sorry what'd you say Jake?"

"Why were you talking to James today in the hall?" He was looking me in the eyes and I didn't know what to tell him.

"He was talking about how I didn't walk to class with him and how he thought he was important." I looked down at the floor playing with my fingers.

"Well he's not important." Jake murmured.

"Hey, James is important but-" then I paused. I wasn't about to let that slip out of my mouth.

"But what?" Jake said. I nodded my head not wanting to speak about it, but he grabbed my arm softly. "Please tell me, I've known you for as long as I can remember, you can trust me."

"You're more important than he could ever be to me." I said softly burying my head into my lap. But then a scream broke the quiet. I knew that scream, it was Jade. I got up and ran to her room. My heart was pounding and my emotions were on the edge, I was about to break down. She has to be okay, I reached her room and sat next to her bed. She looked fine but she was tossing and turning while talking in a fearing tone, then it hit me she was having a nightmare. Thank the lord nothing serious was wrong. I hid my face about ready to cry while my heart was still pounding, I thought Jade was hurt again. As I was sitting on the floor I could feel a hand gently rubbing my back, Jake.

"Sh sh, she's okay. Don't worry." He said in a whispered tone because she was still sleeping.

"I don't what I'd do if she ever got hurt again. I couldn't handle myself." I said now crying. I saw Jade the day she came home I've always been around her so she's like a little sister to me. I love both of them like family and I couldn't bear seeing them in pain. Jake guided me back to his room and calmed me down.

"Chin up princess, your tiara is falling." He said. That's something he used to always tell me when we were younger. A smile grew on my face as I thought of those times, he wiped away my mascara so I didn't look like a raccoon, and we fell to a dead silence. I needed to get home but I didn't want to.

"Stay over." He said as if he was reading my mind.

"What?"

"Sleep over here. I'm sure Jade would love to have a slumber party and besides I'm not going to let you walk home this late." I looked at the clock it was 9 pm and it was pitch black outside already. I sent my mom a quick text about what was happening and we started the slumber party. We watched Frozen for Jade twice when she woke up then I decided I was hungry as it was 1 am. I walked out of the room to go to the kitchen when Jake grabbed my arm.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hi." I replied in a hushed tone.

Next thing I knew he kissed me after making sure the door to his sisters room was shut. Then when I pushed him away for air I snuck downstairs to get popcorn for everyone. All these times brought back the memories. When we were 12 this girl asked Jake out but he didn't like her so we being best friends since forever acted like boyfriend and girlfriend so she'd leave him alone. We were fake boyfriend and girlfriend for most of the year because she was a stubborn little shit about letting him go. The thing is I actually liked him back then too.

We popped popcorn, ate it, watched frozen for the third time until Jade was asleep, and then we headed to sleep. I opened the guest room door but Jake quickly shut it.

"Sleep in my room." His eyes were the most perfect color and I just stared at him smiling.

"Dibs on the bed." I said as I ran through the hall but it wasn't long before he almost caught up to me. I jumped on the bed before he could get there first and I was proud. Not only did I win but I beat Jake which was even better.

He got on his bed in one swift motion before saying,"Well I guess we're sharing." I pouted but he remained firm on his decision. "I've got to go turn off the tv and tuck Jade in, I'll be right back."

I want him to love me. Then I remembered what Jade said he like liked me, but maybe she didn't know what she was talking about because she was on all that medication. As much as I wanted him to love him he probably didn't. His phone went off in the middle of my thoughts and we just trusted each other with our phones and other objects. It was a text from a random girl, who's contact wasn't labeled, so I dismissed it. We both didn't care if we went through each other's phones because we're best friends.

Hopefully one day more than just best friends.

His phone went off again. This time the girl wanted to hook up with him. I didn't know Jake hooked up with people, or maybe I just got the wrong impression after all the girl doesn't even have a contact name. I went and searched my name and it said "💗 Her 🙊" then my actual name was in the last name spot. My heart started pounding at that contact name but I put his phone away because I could care less about the other girl.

He walked in 5 minutes later.

"I didn't know you did hookups." I said being forward.

"Why you want one?" He was smirking while I was cringing. "I'm kidding, but I didn't even know I did hookups." He responded.

"Oh you got a text from someone who wants to hookup with you."

"Look who's nosey today." He laughed.

"I'm not nosey. We go through each other's phones all the time, we're honest about everything so there's nothing to hide. It's not like I responded." I said in a in my defense voice.

"Chill, I don't really care if you do or don't. My phones as in private as a glass room. You know your always welcome on my phone." He said smiling while looking at me.

"Seeming on how my fingerprint is in your phone no wonder I can go on it all I want." I stuck my tongue out at him then he distracted me and kissed me.

"You're amazing." He said.

"For once you didn't compliment yourself." And we both just laughed until we fell asleep. We had so many memories and us joking about his ego was one of them. He didn't have an ego but he did like his compliments and talking about himself so, I used to call him a ballon because one day I said he'd pop with his big ego.

----------------------------------------------
Did you like it? 🙊
Leave feedback here or anywhere else :-)

Anyone else wish they had a best guy friend like this? Because I sure as hell do.

Anyways I'll try to be better at updating within a week but I've got to update my other stories too so we'll see 🤔.

Also if you haven't checked out "Batters Up" you should look at it. It's a new story I'm writing.