Attempt #1: The Poem

I was sitting in my next class next to Maka, paying attention to the teacher, Sid was his name. I was taking notes when Maka tapped my shoulder."Here, Blackstar told me to give this to you." She whispered. How do I know he's gonna regret this? I ask myself.

She never slows down
Like the monster, the blood comes around

Like her mood, her roars
Can burst through closed doors.

You can leave the rest,
To the blond's monstrous chest.

A vein popped from my forehead and I growled, clenching the paper in my fist. When the bell rang, I left my seat in a storm of stomps toward the door."Yang!" I heard him call. Oh, he's gonna get it!

"So, uh, how'd you like my poem? It's my first time, but I think I did pretty good, right?" He asked, I growl as he babbles. I swing at him again for the fourth time today and walk away, leaving his dumb poem behind with him.

Maka P.O.V

I exited the classroom, only to find Yang walking away in anger, her hair on fire again and Blackstar face down in the floor."What'd you say this time?" Soul asked, bending down next to his friend. I picked up the paper I had handed to Yang before and read it."Seriously?! Why is her chest always-- Wait. Are you...?" I trail off with a smirk.

"Go ahead and laugh. The almighty Blackstar can't wright a poem. I couldn't write one to save my life." He said, pushing himself up to sit criss-cross.

(Now I want applesauce! To the kitchen!)

"Blackstar, do you have a crush on her?" I ask."What?! No way! I'm just...exploring my options! "

"Why does it seem Yang is your only option then?" Kid asked, walking out with Liz and Patty behind him. A blush rose to Blackstar's cheeks but he tried to hide it by turning away."I-I...." He stuttered."Okay, so a poem didn't work." Tsubaki said, coming out of the room.

"Probably cause he's the one who wrote it." Soul said."Shut it! You couldn't write a poem either!" Blackstar spat.

"Please, I'm more artistic then five of you could ever be." He said arrogantly."Oh yeah, prove it!"

Soul smirked at him and cleared his throat before speaking."Your mind says no as your heart screams yes, gazing apon her delicate face, watching as her eyes lock with yours for what seems like eternity before your lips perform together in a beautiful synchronized dance known as the Kiss." He says. My cheeks were now on fire and I was suddenly intrigued. Who knew Soul could be so....hot?!

"Can't be cool without knowing a thing or two about wooing a lady." He smirked and walked away. He stopped and turned to wink at me before continuing on his way.

"Maybe you should try a different approach. Don't try to be fancy, cause we all know how that will end. Just be yourself." I suggested."If he did that, he'd get himself killed." Liz spoke."I know I can't do it. Why bother. She hates me and that's that." Blackstar said, rising to his feet with his head down.

"C'mon, you can't give up, it was only the first try! We'll help you!" Patti cheered. But it wasn't helping. Blackstar walked and didn't looked back. I felt terrible but what could I do now?

Blackstar P.O.V

I walked into an empty classroom and sat on the teacher's desk. I'm the worst. I can't even talk to a girl. Why's it so hard? I talk to Tsubaki and Maka. Even Liz. So why is Yang so different? Why do I like her so much?

"Hey," said a voice as they entered the room."Hey, Soul." I replied, not looking at him. He climbs on the desk and sits next to me, holding one of his knees close to his chest."You stuck?" He asks."I don't even wanna talk about it."

"You know, you don't always have to take advise from girls. Sometimes a manly touch is needed. Women don't know everything." He said."True. But I don't know what women like, so isn't it best to talk to a woman?"

"Yes, but in situations like this, you're not dealing with just any woman. I can tell Yang is no random woman you can swoon with flowers. Maybe a rose would work but its not all you need."

"Then what do I need?"

Then he closed his eyes momentarily and opened them with a smirk."Try doing it your way. The cool way."

"The...cool way?" I question."Yeah, not everything has to be grand and dramatic. Just..be you" he shrugs and stares at the floor. Be me... I thought and smiled."Yeah...you're right. I get it." I hopped off the desk and ran to the door."Hey." He called."Still try to add an artistic touch. It never fails."

I give a nod and head outside.