The plan

The night was longer than ever before. I was lying there by the roof, couldn't breath, I couldn't move. I was just lying there, I couldn't believe what had just happened. I wasn't angry at her anymore. As much as I was disappointed in Kuan, I was disappointed in myself more. As much as I tried to get myself to feel better I felt worse. I couldn't believe he could make me feel like shit. I couldn't believe another human being could cause so much hurt and pain on another. I was sounding like a hypocrite.

I don't even remember how I got home, the following weeks were difficult, going to school and coming back home. I had gone back to being a loner, I didn't have friends anymore. All the people I had called my friends were now following Danae around like she was the Queen.

I guess Kuan had that much power to control everyone and everything. What hurt the most was not the fact that he had left me for her, but that he had ripped me apart. I had chosen to not be with him and take care of my baby. I mean if he was not planning to be with me he could have just left me with my baby and gone be with Danae. But no, not Kuan, He just wanted to prove a point, wanted to break me. I wondered how many more had he done this to before me.

"That must have been hard for you I assume?" Alex interrupted me.

"It was beyond hard, but I wasn't going to let them get away with it. I had to come up with a plan, I had to get my revenge. It was like everyday something would fuel my anger making me more and more devious and mean to anything and everything I set my eyes on. My baby gave me strength and that yearning for revenge. If I couldn't have my baby then they were not going to have one either! I had to plan my revenge carefully, Kuan had always outsmarted me in everything, actually he outsmarted every one everywhere." 

It made him cocky and I never realized till now how much he thought he was some kind of Greek god. (Obviously despite his narcissism, he was kind of a Greek god with his chiseled body), anyway I had to be a step ahead of him .

I had to out-think him and in order to do that I had to think like him. I had always admired how he handled situations, how he smooth talked himself out of trouble and how he always got his way. He could be nice, evil, sexy and cold all at the same time and for me that made my life complete

"You don't need another human being to make your life complete, you do know that right?" Alex asked, he was now beginning to be calm and I guess understanding a bit.

"I know that" I answered 

"but let's be honest. Having your wounds kissed by someone who doesn't see them as disasters in your soul but cracks to put their love into is the most calming thing in this world." 

 Alex replied "But it wasn't like that with Kuan now was it? I mean instead of loving your soul he broke it." 

He really was seeing Kuan for who he really was, I thought to myself as I was looking at him taking in what he was saying.

Anyway.. I decided to kill them, it was not the most original idea I admit but the world was becoming too small for all of us. He had turned me into a monster and instead of denying it I just had to embrace the new me and deal with them the best way he had showed me. It was either me or them..

I put The plan I had into motion. I did not have much knowledge on how to kill a vrykolakas, but Sunday school in church we were told many "mythical" stories about similar creatures to this one and most of them believed only a man of God could kill one. 

Some used holy water others used wooden stakes, garlic, salt etc. But I didn't believe in that crap it would have to take more than some grains of salt to kill that asshole. I decided to burn them, something that would look like an accident and won't come back to me. Because of my upbringing I knew how to pray and how to ward off evil spirits, in this case this was going to come in handy. I took a bottle of paraffin and I prayed for it and anointed it. I knew Kuan would be with Danae at his apartment, because of course I had started following them. 

It was around 2.40 a.m. when I arrived at his apartment. Through the window I could see them sleeping cuddling. The sight brought a sick churn into my stomach and if I was having second thoughts, seeing his perfect arms around her made my anger burn even more. 

The sound of my voice when I was expressing my anger, I could tell Alex was getting a bit uncomfortable.

 I couldn't wait anymore, I got in the house quietly and quickly like a flash I put salt grains around their bed, you know just in case. I wasn't sure that it would work but I was desperate and I had to try everything. 

I was surprised Kuan didn't wake up when I was present because he always felt a needle falling to the floor, but I guess he was in a "perfect" place with that bitch. I started putting the paraffin around the house and the reason I had anointed was so that when he burns obviously he wouldn't come back to life which was ridiculous as I laughed to myself. Their room was the last one I poured the paraffin and as I had expected Kuan was now awake. "PEARL!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Kuan shouted at me. 

He tried to get out of bed and to my surprise he couldn't. I guess the salt thing had actually worked. They were now both looking at me as I had a candle in my hand. She was crying begging me not to kill them. She was apologizing but I couldn't care less. Kuan was looking at me;

 and I laughed as soon as the words came out of his mouth. 

"Babe, agapi....don't do this. We can work this out please don't, I love you so much and we can have that future together,, please don't do this to us please!" Kuan had actually said please, his eyes were so convincing.. his voice was sincere and hurt.. but I was over his bullshit. 

Danae asked me why I was doing this, I mean was this bitch serious? I calmly looked at her and with a smirk on my face I replied 

"you inspired my inner serial killer" 

 I dropped the candle on the bed and it caught on the paraffin, I jumped out the window and stayed there watching the flames and hearing their cries. I knew they were dead because no one could have survived that much fire.