The wedding part 2

"Wow i prinkípissá mou, you look really beautiful,"

"Thank you papa. I guess it's time."

"Yes it is," He kissed me on the forehead then we got ready to walk down the aisle. I wanted both my parents to walk me and as expected my brothers were standing with Moroi. He had really cleaned up good I must admit. He looked really handsome and proper. Everyone stood up as I walked in and the wedding anthem started playing. I was overwhelmed and I felt a churn in my stomach. I saw the strigoi's from the woods posing as Moroi's family and friends and it just all made it worse.

We got to the front and yeah me and Moroi got married.

Everyone was so happy for us and I put a big smile on my face just not to raise any suspicions. I had been getting stronger and stronger everyday, getting new powers. This was so that I could be able to carry a strigoi baby. Moroi kept a close eye on me, checking my every move, body language and how I reacted to people. But I could show him what he wanted to see and I sensed him being a bit uncomfortable with my new found powers.

It was time for speeches and everyone who was not too emotional or drunk gave their heartfelt speeches and then it was time for the groom.

"I met my beautiful wife in the big city of Thessaloniki, she was an innocent young girl who clearly showed that she had never been alone before in her life. She didn't know this but I fell in love with her the moment I laid my eyes on her. We became very good friends but a lot of tragic things happened and we ended up being separated. I must admit that was the hardest part of my life. Most of you do not know what happened in Thes and I know you are all shocked why we quickly got married as hasty as we did but truth is I didn't want to lose her like I did before. Pearl is a survivor. I love how she survived life far away from her family, I mean survival looks so good on her. After all that happened, there were no dark marks under her eyes. Maybe deep inside, but I liked the way she looked through them and laughed at life. She would walk over glass and through fire, but she still smiled and did it gracefully.

Honestly I am not interested in people who haven't lived and died a few times , people who haven't yet had their heart ripped out, or know what it feels like to lose everything. I trust those people because they stand for something. I knew what she had been through. I want to thank her for surviving and I want you Pearl to know that you have someone willing to stand with you too. I love you my Queen."

There were claps all around and everyone was cheering. I looked at Moroi then thanked him for his beautiful speech. It was time for our first dance and Moroi had made one song that was a mixture of a couple of love songs. We danced to Conversations in the Dark, Mirror by Justin Timberlake, Never gonna be alone by Nickelback, You and me by Lifehouse and the last song which had played swiftly the night before when I was with Alex Come away with me by Norah Jones.

 As soon as the song started playing tears started running down my face. I closed my eyes and I started picturing me and Alex dancing together with the world standing still. I smiled feeling him and seeing him in my mind. It was just us and all this a dream. But it wasn't, I had made a choice and I had to live with it.

Moroi startled me when he kissed my cheek, I opened up my eyes and he was staring at me then he said he meant every word he said when he did his speech. 

"I know,"  I said smiling and looking down, I know Alex loved me, Talia was right.

Everyone was now in the party mode, we both danced with our parents and me with my brothers and Talia. 

"That was some speech he made there, very um different. What was he talking about survival?" 

"Oh nothing Tals, I thought it was pretty sweet."  I was now probably half way on my second bottle of  the  Alpha Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Amyndeon Florina wine.

"You should slow down on that wine my friend,"

"No! I need to be ready for my husband tonight okay."

"Where are you guys going for your honeymoon? I can't think of anything better than this."

Before I could answer Moroi came then swiftly grabbed me and told me to behave myself. He did it in a subtle way. He decided it was time to go to our honeymoon and we had a private jet waiting for us. I almost fell throwing my bouquet and I was giggling.

We quickly changed then got onto the jet.

"You know we could have just flew wherever we were going right? Where are we going any way.?" I asked playing with his hair.

"You reek of alcohol Pearl, geez why did you drink so much like that?"

"I wanted to get ready for you baby, for our honeymoon" I was climbing on top of him and he pushed me away.

"You are drunk Pearl, so you need to sleep and rest, then we will start our honeymoon tomorrow."

He picked up the phone then called the pilot and asked, "eímaste schedón ekeí ?" and the pilot replied that we would be in Venice, Italy in about 15 minutes.

I had never been out of Greece and now I was going to be honeymooning in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. While I was thinking that I had a huge grin on my face and then I just fell asleep.