4: Own Adventure

Modest Mouse - Float On
________________

It was hell having Florence's blood in my system. 

Although the dreams had stopped I still felt like she was there.

Three days had passed by. It was Sunday. Michael knew I wasn't going to be the same for a few days. I kept thinking I could see her. Even out in the day. But every time I'd point her out Michael assured me she wasn't there. 

And Michael hasn't allowed me as he put it to go back to work. If that woman knew where I worked what else could she know? My class schedule? There was only so much I could miss. 

Callum stuck around the first few days whilst Michael worked on Friday and Pam took him out to hunt. Callum was a great guy, great hair too I was completely jealous.

"I don't use anything special," He's said with his adorable Mancunian accent. "Just normal shampoo and conditioner. I promise."

"Yeah, yeah." I'd rolled my eyes. 

I paced around the living room for the fifth time tonight. "I... am bored." 

"Cry me a river." Sam sung as he paced with me but in the opposite direction. "You know Justin Timberlake was at his best back in the day."

"Are you purposefully trying to change the subject?"

"Obviously." Kate's brother smirked. "Do you want to wander the streets of Burnaby."

"Anything, even if it gets me in trouble." I said with air quotes. "Kate what do you say. Rebel?"

Kate walked into the room with a smirk. "Rebelling... hmm sounds like my teenage years. We don't have enough vampire killers to rebel Evie. Me, you, Sam and Callum."

"Callum?" I asked.

"Present." He appeared from the hallway with an infectious smirk. "Going out is a bad idea."

I groaned and fell onto the couch. "Florence has ruined everything."

"Her and the vampires she's created." Kate flopped beside me. "Idea. Why don't we have an adventure of our own?"

"Also a bad idea." Callum interjected. "I'm here to make sure you guys don't do anything bloody stupid."

"Well you're doing a bad job because we're doing it. Come on Cal, let's have some fun."

I grimaced. "This is a bad idea."

"And you suggesting we go out, probably Yates where all the vampires hang out wasn't a bad idea? Okay."

"I haven't even killed a vampire yet." I mumbled. "I don't know if I'm ready..."

"Lew would say you're ready." Kate smirked. She knew something it was totally obvious. "Come on let's go on our own adventure. If they get to hunt vampire's why can't we?"

I stood and stretched upward. "Fine. But if I die, I'm haunting you."

"If you die let's pray you don't turn into a vampire. You'd be Florence's." She sung as she skipped to the front door.

My eyes widened. Ah hell what have I done.

**

"Yates?" I whisper yelled. "Are you joking? You said this place was a bad idea."

"Nope." Katherine started chuckling as we walked into the half empty bar. "We'll be fine. Callum rubbed his scent on all of us. Well, Sam and I. And plus we have a plan."