Chapter One

"I can't believe that commercial is going to run by the end of the week, that's awful," I said to Santana, as we walked down the hall, towards the choir room.

       It had been a difficult enough year for all of us after having been split up into two clubs, trying to figure out a balance in friendships and now this had to go and happen. Santana was about to be hit with a brand new set of struggles that she would need the whole support system behind her for.

      "How do you think I feel, I'm the one being outed" Santana answered as we walked through the door to Glee Club.

       I went and sat with the New Directions on the other side of the room, behind Artie in the second row, and she sat with the Trouble Tones. I looked up at the whiteboard to see the lesson for this week 'Lady Music Week', I'm assuming this is for Santana. She is definitely not going to be down for this.

      "This week, the Trouble Tones and the New Directions will be singing music by ladies, and for ladies" Finn explained to all of us.

    "Oh, hell no" Santana argued.

    "Santana, just go with it, I think it's a good idea, and we are just trying to show you that we support you," I told her.

     She just rolled her eyes at me and gave me the finger. I decided that letting Finn handle this would be the best course of action, I was not about to get punched by Santana. I turned back to the front and let Finn finish "next week we'll all be going to sectionals, and one of us will probably win, but Santana we are worried about you."

     "Worry about yourself, fetus face," Santana fired back with another eye roll.

     "Glee is about learning how to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what other people think" Finn explained, "and that's what this music is about."

     "So wait, I don't even get a say in this?" Santana questioned.

     "Everybody in this room knows about you and Britney," Finn continued.

     "Not everyone is as accepting and cool as us, but we are doing this assignment so that you know, in this rotten stinking mean world, you at least have a group of people who support your choice to be whoever you want to be, that's it," Finn told her "Blaine, Kurt, you had something?"

     Blaine and Kurt got out of their chairs and went down to the front of the room, facing the two glee clubs.

     Blaine started, "Santana, Kurt and I have a song we like to sing to each other in the car, and we want to sing it for you now"

I knew that Santana's evil persona Snix was going to make an appearance, so to avoid hearing the rude remarks, I tuned out until Kurt and Blaine started singing. I cared about her so much and knew her mean attitude was a coping mechanism, but it didn't make it any easier to hear her tear other people down.

Made a wrong turn once or twice

Dug my way out, blood and fire

     I love this song! I started dancing in my seat a little bit, mouthing the words, and tapping my foot. Everyone else seemed to be getting into it as well, so it made me feel a little less weird. I just jammed out with Artie and Rachel for most of the song, all of us with bright smiles on our faces. The positivity and message radiating from this song made me remember our misfit beginnings, and think about how far we've come together. Also, it was super catchy so that helped.

Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel

Like you're nothing, you are perfect to me.

     After they finished singing, Santana spoke up "Thank you guys, Thank you, Finn, especially, you know with all the horrible things I've been through in my life, now I get to add that."

     I can't even believe her sometimes. She had all these people trying to help her and she still treated them like shit, unbelievable. We all got up and left the choir room shortly after that, I walked quickly so she wouldn't be able to catch up with me. I didn't have the energy to smile and nod while she complained about the assignment this week.