Chapter Two: The King of Hell (Sebastian's POV)

Darkly shaded roseate coloured orbs peered up at the never-ending 'sky' of blackened and grey smoke that was forever floating above his head, in the burning pits of the world he resided in eternally. He ran pale, slender fingers through his onyx fringe as he allowed his mind to wander, wander, wander, until his eyes drifted shut peacefully.

However, his eyes flew open wide as he came to the utter realisation that he was in fact late for the most important part of his so called existence. Using his charcoal wings, he thrusted himself upwards into the air, only to land back onto his feet afterwards.

Partially running, partially flying, the hellish creature began it's way towards the Barrier door, where he ironically prayed his forbidden lover awaited for him patiently.

He knew not how long it had been since he had began these secretive and dangerous meetings, he only knew that it was an almost nightly occurrence. Peering down at his rubbish attire that consisted of a blackened robe, torn and slightly tattered, loosely hanging from his inhumanly pallid shoulders. Of course, he was not given the luxury of shoes nor trousers, (or undergarments, for they were 'tedious and pointless to make'). His raven coloured fringe was messy and tousled at best, though he had combed it through with his fingers. His wings, blacker than the night itself and larger than most, were tucked safely against his shoulder blades, and his horns, similar to a Ram's horns, were black, though faded to grey at the very tips.

Why this heavenly being saw beauty within his satanic appearance he knew not; he knew only that the other loved him regardless. The glistening gold of his attire, the radiant white of his wings, and the beautiful glow of his halo said by nature that Ciel Phantomhive should /not/ care for Sebastian Michaelis as he did. But, for some reason, the angel saw something within him. Something that he would not question.

Sebastian was the inverse of his pearly feathered counterpart; he was a creature of Hell, something some would label as a evil spirit or even demon, a monster owned by none other than the King of the damned himself. Although considered a demon amongst the realm of the mortals, he was indeed not. No, Sebastian was not a demon, but instead, quite sadly, was a angel, fallen away from the kingdom of Heaven. He had been forced by his brother-by-blood, Lucifer and otherwise known as the King, to rebel against their own kind.

He knew it was wrong to do so, to start a outbreak of war upon his own brothers and sisters, but being the loyal sibling he was to his brother, he undoubtedly followed suit.

In his mind, Sebastian had known from the beginning that his family had wanted what the Lord had. He wanted the power, the praise, the love that God received. He wanted to be loved, that was all. But, when he realised that the Lord would indeed not give over his throne, he ran. He ran, because despite what God told him: how much he loved him, how precious he was, how he would give his life for him, he wouldn't give up the one thing he wanted most. Power.

So, they escaped. They fell, and fell, for what seemed like eternities in the making, until they found a unused and untainted plain. And Lucifer used it.

So became the realm of Hell, where he found himself trapped underneath his brother's rule, forced to serve and entertain him. Much like a pet. A simple dog, at his feet.

He approached the large barricade on his side of the two realms, knocking softly 3 times in a certain rhythmic pattern, as a means of signaling his lovely angel to allow knowledge of his arrival. Upon hearing the same knock returned, he slowly allowed his blackened nailed hands to push the doors open and enter the small area of mutual ground between Heaven and Hell.