Chapter Three - Bound to You (Ciel's POV)

Neither angelic nor hell-bound companion could ever understand the bond between these two beings and why they had come to be as close as they were.

Who could? The answer; the boy ashamed of his own title.

He alone, and no one else (unless it was a miracle) would always know why exactly he was drawn to the magnificent being that lay beyond the barrier. It was quite simple, Sebastian was just like him once, an angel. With that being said, the Phantomhive boy saw just as much perfection in Sebastian as every other heavenly beast he carried his miserable life on with.

As time sped past, he began to fear something had happened to his beloved. He knew that if he even dared to cross further than the border (and survived) he'd be punished by his Father. His father was very strict about where they were allowed to be, and what they were allowed to do. Despite what had been said in books, he was one to be feared more than loved, which made the small angel think twice about residing in heaven any longer.

Chewing on his lower lip, he slowly rose to his feet, staring at the door. 'What could have happened to him? Did he forget? Did he get /caught/!?' A million questions raced through his mind. His fingers fought their worried way through his navy colored head of hair. It had seemed like hours since he arrived, when in fact, it had merely been minutes. Normally he would arrive five minutes before their encounters. Now it had been at least twenty minutes since the determined arrival of the hell bound entity.

He frowned knowing he could do nothing to help his lover, he was beyond help if Ciel's assumptions were correct. Just as he was going to leave, he heard the familiar rhythm on the door. His wings drooped to brush on the ground as he let out a sigh of relief. After his short, mental, celebration, he spun around, lifting his wings to help him flutter to the door.

The minute his fingers left their responding rhythm, he swung the door open, tackling the other to the ground. He was ecstatic that Sebastian was safe, even his wings wrapped around him in the hug. Nuzzling into his chest , he tried his hardest to hide the silent tears staining his so called 'perfect' features.

"Y-You scared me! I thought s-something...h-...never mind." He cursed himself for allowing even a the slightest of weakness to be portrayed. He'd even damned himself if he could, but that was utterly impossible. With his face buried in the other's almost forced embrace, he began to tremble, giving himself another useless cursing.