Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V

I wake in Peeta's arms, listening to his heartbeat. This time, we're in my room. My hair is braided, and I smile. I give a silent thanks to Peeta who is just awakening.

"Hey." I say and fix my position so he looks into my eyes.

"Well hello beautiful." He smiles. I sit on my knees and look at him.

"I'm n-"

"Yes you are. You are very beautiful." He says and kisses my forehead. I just giggle a little but don't say anything else.

"Hey, I've gotta meet up with Annie today." I choke out. "I've got to figure out what's wrong, you know. Why she lied to me."

"Don't worry Katniss. She ought to have a reasonable explanation." Peeta smooths back my stray hairs, and kisses my cheek.

"I love you." I whisper softly, thinking only I could hear it. It was barely audible, so when he smiles and presses his lips onto mine I think it must be a coincidence.

"I love you too. You pretty much taught me what love means. More like love at first sight, but who really cares?" He laughs. I toss him a quick grin before stretching and making my move to get up.

"Hopefully my coffee can power me through Annie's explanation." I snort.

"Oh Kat." Peeta says. "Why can't you just call her? Stay in bed with me just a little longer, please?"

"No." I glare mockingly.

"Ugh. Buzzkill." He groans. He shivers as he makes his way out of bed. "It's pretty damn cold. What's the temperature?"

"Uh... 5 degrees." I mutter.

"Oh no my lovely princess. You are not going out in this temperature."

"Lovely princess?" I repeat, incredulously.

"Unless sugar lips works better for you." He winks.

"I'll stick with lovely princess then." I heave a sigh.

"Better. Sugar reminds me of sugar plums anyway, and I'd rather not have that vision everytime I see you." He snickers.

"I seriously have to go though! She's expecting me at the café in 20!" I say, starting to become exasperated.

"Be careful then baby." He says, and pecks my lips.

"I will." I say in a hushed tone.

PEETA P.O.V

Katniss arrives home half an hour later.

"She wasn't there." She hisses.

"Why?" I ask.

"How should I know?" She yells at me.

I make my move to comfort her, rubbing her back and kissing her repeatedly.

"Your remedy isn't working." She sighs. "I'm still really mad. She just blew me off! I needed to talk to her too. That was important. Ugh, you wouldn't understand." She rolls her eyes. She then looks into my own, and must see the hurt reflecting off.

"Oh Peeta no. I'm sorry baby. No no, I'm really sorry." She hugs my arm tight. "Please don't leave me. I'm sorry."

My heart softens. "Katniss, I'd never leave you."

"My other b-"

"I'm not them. I love you, way too much to give you up. Believe me."

"I do."

"Promise me." I hush.

"I promise you Peeta. I promise you that I believe you, and I will stay by you, no matter what and love you forever. Because you've done that for me." She smiles sadly.

"Gosh I love you." I murmur and kiss her lips.

"I lo-"

She's cut off by the doorbell, then someone softly knocking.