Chapter 1 | Back to the Falls

~ Your POV ~

A blinding white light surrounded me. It was all that I could see, and all that I could feel. I noticed some debris that looked as though it was from a building float around me, and I fully opened my (l/r) eye.

Stanford, I thought, my mind running on its last circuit. I need to find Stanford!

Suddenly, gravity decided to slam back into action, and everything crashed down to the ground. I managed to land on my feet but my vision was still a bit blurred. As the light faded, I saw four figures in the underground-like room I found myself in. A young boy, a girl that looked his age, a male that looked as though he was in his early twenties, and Stanford's doppelgänger - er, I mean twin brother - were all lying almost unconscious on the ground. They were all human so... where was I?

I suddenly felt a familiar presence beside me and I looked to my right. There he was, Stanford. My brain then finally decided to begin working again and decipher the situation. The young boy and girl... they were the most recent Pines twins. Pine Tree and Shooting Star, as they were called, proved they were important. The other two men were also connected to what's to come.

Stanford walked forward and picked up a journal that was laying on the ground. While we had been in the portal he had told me about his journals, since before I joined him he had been investigating the mysteries of Gravity Falls and working with a dream demon named Bill Cipher. Pine Tree groaned and picked himself up. He looked around and saw Ford.

"W-what? Who is that?" He spoke in an utterly confused tone.

"The author of the journals, my brother," the older man answered, who had completely stood up. He was Stanley, Ford's brother and the one who had originally pushed Ford into the portal all those years ago. His alias was the Fez's symbol that he seemingly always wore.

"Finally after all these long years of waiting, you're actually here!" Stan exclaimed with a mixture of joy and shock. "Brother!"

Ford quickly walked up to the faker and socked him in the jaw. Stan stumbled backward and yelled out in pain.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"This was an insanely risky move: restarting the portal! And now (Y/n) is here! Do you know how dangerous this is?! Didn't you read my warnings?!" Ford angrily yelled at him.

"Warnings, schmarnings. How's about a thanks for saving you from... I don't know, some sort of a sci-fi, sideburn dimension." Stan was referring to Ford's appearance. He had grown sideburns and was wearing unnatural clothing.

I was wearing similar clothes that would have been helpful in the dimension we had just left. I had on a dark (f/c) turtleneck, a black duster, black shorts, and gray socks underneath black combat boots. A black eyepatch covered my (l/r) eye, and bandages covered my (l/r) hand.

"My being here has put your entire dimension at risk," I said, speaking monotonously, "even if this is the fate that was destined." Stan and Ford continued to fight and argue like children so I decided to actually tend to the situation and interrogate the other people in the room.

"I need your names and ages," I explained, turning to them with a stern look on my face. I wasn't going to invade their thoughts at our first meeting... I'd already made that mistake before.

"Hi! My name's Mabel and I'm 12 years old!" the girl answered almost immediately. She seemed... extremely hyper and outgoing. Not that I didn't appreciate the cooperation. I nodded in thanks and turned to the boy.

"You don't need to know anything about me until you explain what's going on!" he howled. Although I knew if I was him I would act just the same, I also knew he wouldn't give up any information willingly, so I decided to speed up the annoying process and not give him a choice in the matter.