Chapter 7 | Fighting Temptation

~ Your POV ~

An all too familiar white surrounded me, but it didn't fade away as I originally expected. It was more of a room than simply a light. My mind was fuzzy, and I had forgotten why I was there.

But it was oddly peaceful. I could just stay there forever and not have to deal with anything anymore.

I groaned out loud and refocused my mind. No, I had a reason for existence. I had to fix my mistake. It was my fault for letting Bill take over my mind, and I wasn't planning on ignoring that.

I took an experimental step forward causing the white floor to crack. The floor itself then gave up, and I fell suddenly being surrounded by flashing colors. It was the exact opposite of the room before.

My wings attempted to spring out but were forced back by the whisking wind around me. It seemed to go on forever until I finally landed on a bouncy material.

Correction, it was a bouncy house.

My wings twitched, folding out from my back. They were stiff from the pressure of the fall. I sighed, wondering if Mabel would trust me in this new form.

I began to get up and looked around. Everything was abnormal, from the inhabitants to the world itself. It was all very child-like, making me once again wish for a normal childhood. Colors glowed brightly everywhere, burning my eyes. It was pure insanity.

Just perfect for Mabel.

I walked around looking for a way to find her. I found nothing that could point me in her direction, so I resorted to a disastrous risk:

Asking for directions.

I had absolutely no idea how these... creations of hers were bound to react. They may have been formed by Mabel, but they were created under Bill's power. I walked up to a tiger-plushie that looked harmless enough. He was tossing a ball with his friends.

"Um, excuse me, but can you tell me where Mabel is?" I asked, my own voice bordering a distortion I did not wish to reveal. I didn't want to strike fear in these creatures with such a simple mistake as-

"Milady, I have wished to be blessed by your presence since the day I was created," he said whilst bowing, his friends doing the same.

I stiffened up.

Of course, they would treat me like this; they were Bill's creations! I had to stop forgetting that. Mabel didn't know what she was dabbling in...

"Please, a-answer my question," I commanded, attempting to be polite while being incredibly nervous at the same time.

"I apologize Milady, allow me to lead the way." He began walking away at a brisk pace but slow enough to where I could keep up.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is Mabel's position in this place?" I asked in a soft tone, glancing around. He turned to look at me and red flashed in his eyes.

"Shooting Star is our Mayor, and she created us, but we would switch to your side instantaneously. All of us." He was rather terrifying for a stuffed animal. I suppose they were bound to react this way in first place. For who I was... and what I may become... was what Bill was planning on.

We eventually reached a tower guarded by two... waffles holding weapons. How did Mabel think up this stuff?

"Please bid the Mistress access to Shooting Star," the tiger-plushie said, puffing his chest out. He was apparently attempting to sound stronger than he really was.