Chapter 4 | JEALOUSY

~ Your POV ~

Ford and I were down in the basement doing... something of importance. I wasn't truly paying attention. I was thinking... about things...

"What's wrong?" Ford asked suddenly, making me jump. "You seem distracted."

"I'm just..." I blushed out of embarrassment. I couldn't think of any excuses.

"Why don't you take a day off," Ford suggested. "Hang out with Dipper and Mabel. They're going on a road trip, right?"

"W-well yeah but..."

"You deserve a little vacation with all you have to deal with." He patted my head and walked over to tinker with some invention of his.

I sighed and walked up the stairs to the living room but nobody was there. I looked outside and saw an RV parked in front of the Shack.

Dipper, Mabel, and Soos were standing outside of the RV talking about a box. Pictures of a girl with red hair littered the ground, and Dipper was attempting to quickly pick them up.

"I know she's not interested and I know it's over, but how do you just turn off the way you feel about someone?" Dipper asked. I visibly cringed.

"Two words, Dipper. Move. On," Mabel said. I sighed for the second time that day and walked out onto the front porch with my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Hey, guys! W-what are you doing?" I asked, walking towards them.

"Oh!" Mabel's eyes widened and she ran over to me. "Are you coming with us?" She seemed excited.

"W-well, where are you going?" I asked, even though I already knew. Having Ford as my only friend for my entire life kind of ruined my chances of being very social.

"We're going on a road trip!" she answered excitedly. "It'll help Dipper get over Wendy-"

Wendy

'- and you can meet new people!" I stopped dead in my tracks.

"New people?" I asked. "Like, people I don't know and don't know me? People I don't trust and could turn on me at any second?" Mabel stared at me.

"Yup!" Before I could answer, she grabbed my arm and was dragging me to the RV.

Stan was driving, and Dipper was sitting beside him on the passenger's side. Mabel and Candy sat on one side of the table seat, while Grenda and I sat on the other side. I laid my head on the table and sighed... again.

Things just simply weren't going my way.

~ Time Skip ~

We arrived at Granny Sweetkin's Yarnball, which supposedly contained the world's largest ball of yarn. After seeing it, though, it wasn't as large as I expected.

Mabel, Candy, and Grenda jumped out of the RV and into the giant ball of yarn. Dipper, off to the side, was trying to talk to a female tourist. I was left with no one to talk to except Stan, but... we didn't really have a good relationship so I wandered into the gift shop.

Inside, Soos was running around in circles buying everything, but other than him the shop seemed empty. I walked about until I noticed something that caught my eye. Purple hats with images of a yarn ball on them resided in a rack in front of me. I picked one up and glanced at the price.

Yeesh, $10 for a hat? I was about to set it down when I heard someone speak behind me.

"I bet that would look good on you." My eyes widened and I turned around. Previously behind me and now in front of me was a kid about my age. He had onyx hair and sapphire eyes.