| FOUR |

When it became apparent that Megan really wasn't well at all, she was instantly laid down on a couch. Her body ached all over, and she couldn't rid herself of the nauseous feeling that was taking over. Even as she laid down, she felt the room spinning around her.

"Where is everybody, the other doctors, the staff?" Rick asked as he took a peek down the corridors that extended off the room they gathered in.

"Come on, Meg, can't lay down all day," Daryl mumbled as he tried to pull her back to her feet.

Megan wanted nothing more than to sleep but held on tight to Daryl as they followed Doctor Jenner into a much larger room.

"Vi, bring up the lights in the main room," he ordered out loud. The room lit up; it was empty and quiet beside the occasional footstep from the group. "I'm it; it's just me here," Jenner muttered.

Lori spoke up first, "what about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" she questioned curiously as she stood by Carl, her arm firmly wrapped around his torso.

Jenner spoke out loud to the room, "Vi, say hello to our guests, tell them, welcome," he ordered the empty room.

Megan looked around the room as the computerised voice greeted them. "I'm all that's left. I'm sorry."

While everyone looked around at each other expectantly, Jenner ordered them to follow him again.

The room was smaller than the previous one, but Megan sighed in relief when she noticed the small couch in the corner. Daryl, who was still helping hold her upright, guided her towards the couch and helped her lay down again. Once again, she was overcome with a dizzy feeling and closed her eyes to fight through it.

"Here, drink this. You're most likely dehydrated," Dr Jenner said as he held a bottle of water out to her.

Megan attempted to sit up to take the bottle from his hand, but she fell back hard.

"Give me that," Daryl mumbled as he snatched the water bottle from Dr Jenner's hand. "Here, lean against me," Daryl ordered to Megan.

He helped her sit up, leaning the top half of her body against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her as he unscrewed the bottle cap and brought it to her mouth. "Drink slowly," he ordered as Megan began to take sips.

While Daryl encouraged Megan to drink, the rest of the group lined up to have their blood taken one by one. 'Their price of admission.'

The group seemed curious at his intentions but hoped agreeing to his rules would lead to him giving them the much-desired information they had come there for.

Daryl was the last person to have his blood taken before Doctor Jenner approached Megan again, "your brother informed me you're pregnant," he stated.

Megan couldn't read his expression, but she believed she saw a hint of regret and guilt. "Yeah, I am," she mumbled as she sat up on the couch. She didn't feel one hundred per cent, but much better than when they first arrived at the CDC.

Doctor Jenner nodded slowly, "You're likely anaemic. I could give recommendations on the best foods to eat to increase your iron levels, but all things consider-" he trailed off, "there may be some iron supplements I can provide you with. I hold the knowledge of a lot of things, but pregnancy isn't one of them, but if you get out-I mean-," he sighed and composed himself before speaking again, "your OBGYN would have probably recommended you take them for the duration of your pregnancy."