Chapter 7

I've already been here two weeks, but I've barely realized. I like it here. I mean, I kinda don't like becoming a thief, but there's barely any work here. I have also gotten used to waking up early. Sometimes I'm up before Flare and Abby. Its like I'm a normal human now. I never use my powers any more. I wonder if there will be consequences for holding this much power inside of me...
"Hurry up Steph!" Flare banged on the door.
"Well, geez! I'm sorry!" I said sarcastically.
"There's a festival today!" Flare yelled back.
"What Festival?" I yelled back.
"The Autumn Festival!" Flare yelled back.
Well, it makes sense. I have already been here almost three weeks. And my birthday was in summer.
"I'll be right out!" I yelled, ending the yelling conversation.
------------------
After Flare and I had the yelling conversation, Abby joined us and we ate. Then we went directly to the festival.
The village square was brightly colored with orange, yellow, red, brown!
"So, this festival is what you expected?" Abby laughed.
My mouth was opened, I swear a whole turkey would have room for guests.
"So, the festivals here live up to their name..." OH NO!! I THOUGHT OUT LOUD!!
"Wait, so we're famous! I wonder if the king and queen know of our little villages.
" Yeah they do, and all of this thievery... " I clasped my hands over my mouth.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Flare and Abby looked furious.
So, I will do what I have done for the past three weeks. Turn around and disappear.
"WAIT!!" Flare called after me.
I turned around quickly, but I soon saw that both girls were hot on my trail. Looks like magic time...
I stopped rapidly, spun around and blew a huge gust of wind!
Okay, I admit it... That was a bit much...
I made sure something would block their view of me. So I could get away quickly.
------------------
It was almost night fall, and I was in the middle of the woods.
William, I am in the woods. I accidentally said to much... I think...
I waited for a minute or two for a reply.
Steph, make sure they don't know. Besides, if they do... Use the memory wipe spell. Williams thoughts told me.
I could... But what if they get suspicious. My thoughts asked him.
What do you mean? His thoughts told me.
Well, wouldn't it be suspicious if one of the biggest days of the year that two girls go to and had fun but don't remember the entire day. It would be like skipping a day for them. They would not recall October 15, of the year 1789. I waited for his thoughts.
You might be right. Just ask what they saw, and replace that memory. His thoughts explained.
I know, but then they will have questions for who I replace. Besides, it would be safer to go into the woods and live there for awhile. We could come to town if we need anything. We both have the skills... My thoughts suggested.
Alright, but for how long? Williams thoughts asked.
Maybe a month or two. And if we hear any news about the soldiers, we leave. No if's and's or buts about it. We need to stay safe. My thoughts told him.
But I like it here... Williams thoughts were sad. I could tell.
Remember, I'm a big girl now. You can stay. I stated.
Just send me the map to your coordinates. He demanded.
I sent a mental map to William.
I will be right there. If I were you, I would build a quick shelter. He told me.
------------------
It was about midnight when William got here. I used my powers to magically move some logs to make a quick cabin. I left spots for windows, used some bark to make some shudders and a roof.
"I said quick, not perfect." William joked.
"It actually was quick. After I thought about what it would look like, then put it into action." I explained.
"Nobody saw you?" William asked seriously.
"Um, now that I think about it. I have no idea. I was so excited to use my powers." I said.
We went inside, and I am pretty proud of myself! It was small, but beautiful. The front door leads to the kitchen. I put a stone floor in. That was tricky. I had to teleport into a cave, cut out stones without cracking it. I got some pretty shiny ones too! I used separate logs for the counter, for the sink I craved one out a little bit and put fresh water from the nearby river. We walked into the living room. I used logs for the couch and chair. That was it in the living room. I put a ladder inside for getting onto the second floor and attic. There's one room. I can only put so much in one cabin. So William gets the bedroom and I will get the attic. I made a bed and put it in his room.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
After we ate some food William packed and soon went to sleep. But my dream scared me...
I woke up in an extremely dark forest.
An elderly woman dressed in a dark robe approached me.
"You will never be the person that would be able to contain that power. Soon it will eat away at your soul and destroy you..." She disappeared into the shadows.