Tension

I wake up in the morning and Jared is in my bed, sitting up propped against the bedframe. He is awake and is just staring at the wall. I turn around and he looks at me.

"Jared did you not sleep or leave my house last night?" I say.

"Well, no. You weren't in the best mood and I caused it. Also, what am I supposed to do? Go home and just keep remembering that my parents are gone?" I feel my stomach turn, remembering. I immediately run to the bathroom and start to puke in the toilet.

"Cristal! A..are you okay...I..I thought wheres couldn't get sick!"

"We don't, but stress and sadness..it still takes a toll on you." I say when I'm finished.

His eyes look at me with understanding. For some reason they look kind of purple today, so beautiful.

Once I'm dressed, I walk out of my room and Jared is standing with his eyes covered.

"Can I look now!" He yells with a small laugh. I grab his arms and put them down by his side laughing with him.

"Yeah, it's safe now. I won't rip your throat out just yet."

"Whew! I'm safe for another day!" He says with hand gestures as if he's wiping sweat off his forehead.

We get to the spot we set with our sides as a meet up everyday. Both of our sides eventually come and we go straight to working. I thought this, being a life or death situation, our sides would get along I was wrong. Vamps would complain about wheres howling too much. Wheres would complain about vamps not listening to plans. There were fights, yelling, threats. And Me and Jared were in the middle of all of it.

"Leader Cristal! Vamp Claudia won't listen to plans, we told her that pile of wood was for the traps, not her platforms and she took it anyway." The twenty year old where said, sounding like a five year old.

"That was only because Darla here was being a bitch, and I had to teach her a lesson. Her filthy discus-"

"That is enough!" Yells Jared, so suddenly it made me jump.

"Sorry princess, I needed to grab attention." He says with a real smile, one I've never seen on Jared before.

"You two, incase you haven't noticed, we might die in a few days and we are the only ones who can control that. You guys are more fixated on fighting then actually learning that we are now friends of eachother." He says grabbing my hand. Why did he have to grab my hand? I think. Why do I care? I think again.

"Now you two, go back to work before me and Cristal take both of your powers away." He says sternly, the two walk away without a word.

Jared is still holding my hand. He hasn't let go and he even has laced his fingers through mine.

"Jared....what are you doing.." I say awkwardly looking at our hands.

"Oh..um sorry.." he pulls his hand away, sounding sad in tone.

The group of vamps I met yesterday finally arrive. Clara, Star, Drew and Jack stand by Jared. They look at me only Clara seems to be giving me an uneasy look. Drew decides to come over by my side.

"Hey Cristal! How are you today?" He says with a smile.

"Uh..I'm fine I guess..for someone who's parents are missing." I say with a touch of sarcasm.

"Oh..right. But hey, we will win this okay? We will get your parents back." He says putting his arms around my waist. I stand there awkwardly.

"Y...yeah." Jared turns and sees me and Drew. His eyes turn red and he gives Drew a death stare. Drew immediately backs off and goes back to Jared side. Was that jealousy? Or was it just Jared being Jared? I can't tell, all I know is Drew was afriad.

Later that day we decided to work out tactics for our attack. We have a basic idea of luring them into the woods while we, the wheres are behind the trees and the vamps up in the trees. While we are getting them in, we will pick them off one by one, eventually getting to our parents and rescuing them. We haven't figured out the minor details.

I eventually decide to call it a day and go home. It's around 2 am. I go up to my room and get comfortable in my pajamas when I hear a crash downstairs. Shaking, I slowly walk down the staircase and look over into the kitchen. Laying on the floor, screaming is Jared.

"What are you doing in my house?" I say angirly.

"Godamnit princess, I came to surprise you with this." He says, holding up a stuffed wolf. "I..I thought you might want it to..you know keep you company and maybe not feel so alone. But then, like the idiot I am, I stubbed my toe and fell." He says angrily blushing.

"Well what if I was naked or in the shower? You wouldn't know that!" I say, eyebrows raised.

"Well uh..um..I didn't quite think of that possibility. I just..leave me alone I'm being nice!" He says laughing.

"Fine fine, and thanks Jared." I laugh and take the stuffed animal. "It has blue eyes like my mom..I love it." I say with a small smile. I start to cry.

"No no, no crying this was supposed to make you happy!" Worried, he comes and hugs me, resting his chin on my head. He's gotten taller.

"It's okay, I'm fine. I'm just going to go to bed now.." I say in a whisper.

"Okay I'll um..see you tomorrow Cristal." He says sad as he starts to walk out the door.

"Uh..Jared? Where do you go when you sleep?"

"Home."

"Alone..just you?" I say, quietly.

"Yeah, just like you." He sighs.

"Well..if you want you can stay here. So neither of us are alone." I say with worry of being made fun of.

"No, I can't Cristal. I'll be annoying and you'll hate me."

"Godamnit Jared just get your sorry ass up here so I won't sleep alone." I say with frustration.

"Oh..I thought you meant the couch.." he says giggling.

"Ew no! Shut up you idiot. That is the reason we are in this mess, I will not in anyway do that with you. Just friends." I say, my eyes red.

"Fine fine." He laughs. He comes up and we fall asleep. Together.