Chapter 32

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. How does he know that?" Regina asked.

"How do you think?" Emma said.

"We have to do something about this." Robin said.

A text came in on Emma's phone. She looked down and read it aloud. "There is nothing you can do until Emma is mine." She looked up at her friends. "I have to do this. I have to go with him. I can't let anybody get hurt."

Killian walked up to her and put his hand on her cheek. "But then you will get hurt love. I can't let you go."

"I love you Killian, but you have to. One person getting hurt is not worth all of you getting hurt. I'm sorry."

Ruby shook her head and hugged Emma.

"I'll miss you too Ruby." Emma said. Tears welled in her eyes.

"Oh, I'm not hugging you because you think you are leaving. I'm hugging you so you can't leave at all." Ruby said.

Soon everyone else joined the hug and trapped Emma. She was struggling in their arms to get away.

"Guys, I have to go to him." She said.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and they all disbanded so she could read the text.

'A wise decision. Don't worry Killian. I'll take good care of her. I'll protect her in the way that you couldn't.'

Emma read the text and more tears streamed down her cheeks. Killian grabbed her phone and put it in his pocket. They all looked up at her.

"You aren't leaving. You won't be safe. We can fight against one guy." Regina said.

"It's two actually." Emma said.

"Who is his partner?" Victor asked.

Emma looked down and Killian knew she didn't want to talk about him. He darted his gaze between them. "Will Scarlett."

Ruby gasped. Nobody knew that Will was so much more than what he appeared to be. She walked over to Emma and took her head in her hands. She looked all around her face. "Did he touch you?"

Emma shook her head. "I knew he looked familiar in Storybrooke, but I couldn't place my finger on it."

"What did Will do to you, Swan?" Killian asked.

Ruby answered for her. "Will stole with them for a short amount of time. He was friends with Neal before they met." Emma couldn't hear the story anymore so she went into the bedroom. Ruby continued the story though. "Will always flirted with her. If Neal would catch it, he would blame Emma and hurt her in some way. Will did no wrong in Neal's eyes. One day out of the blue, Will grabbed a gun and held it to her head. Neal sat back and laughed. That was the final straw for her. That night, Emma packed up and came back home. She was later framed for a crime that Neal committed. The judge caught evidence that it was a frame job and let her go back home. The authorities have no idea about all of the things he did to Emma."

Killian clenched his fists. He felt really bad for her, but she was strong. She was a survivor to put up with all of the things she went through. Everyone sat down while Ruby went into the bedroom to get Emma. She was pacing in the room as Ruby shut the door gently.

"You okay?" Ruby asked.

"No. I'm tired of people feeling bad for me. I'm tired of having to sleep with one eye open knowing that someone is watching me. I don't know how much more I can handle, Ruby." Emma said.

"I know. But all we can do is relax. Neal wants you this way. He finds enjoyment in other people's pain and suffering. You are a strong person Ems. I want you to stay like that."

Emma nodded. Ruby brought her in for a hug and it was gladly returned.

"I just wish my mom was here." Emma said.

"I know. It's okay. Let's go back to our friends. We'll all forget about Neal and Will for now. We will take care of it later."

"Okay. I'll try."

Ruby took her arm and led her out to the couch where everyone was sitting. Nobody said anything about Neal or Will for the rest of the night. Emma sat in Killian's lap and he played with her hair. They watched funny movies on Netflix until three in the morning.

"Aren't you guys going to go to a hotel or something? Not that we don't want you here because you know that we do." Killian said.

"Nope. We are staying here." Robin said. He put his hand on Emma's knee. "We are here to protect you."

Emma moved and hugged Robin. "Thank you." She then engulfed everyone in a hug. "Thank you all, but I don't need this. I don't want to be pitied."

"No, that's not what we are doing. We'll have a sleepover like old times. With a few additions." Ruby said.

Emma stood up and led Regina and Ruby to the bedroom while Killian showed Robin and Victor something. He waited for the girls to disappear before he pulled out a piece of paper.

"This is what we are going to do." Killian said looking at his friends. "We are going to send a text from Emma's phone saying that she wants to meet up with Neal. It will say that I was being an ass and that I hurt her. They will meet and we will sneak up on them. We'll grab Neal and Will and hold them until the cops come. After that, we will go to court and tell the judge about everything that has happened and how he has escaped from jail every time he has gone. They will hopefully get the death penalty and we will never see them again and won't have to worry about them."

"Wow Killian. Sounds like you have this all figured out." Victor said.

"Except you've over looked one thing. Emma isn't going to do it." The boys turned around and saw Emma standing in the doorway. "I want him caught more than anything, but I am not putting you guys or myself in danger like that."

"Emma, no wait. We have to do this." Killian said.

"You aren't forcing me to do anything." She said before going back into the bedroom.