Seven: I'm no angel

Warren was four years younger than I was, which made him two years younger than Sam. He was the baby of the family. When he and I were kids, we would bicker and argue like old people. But at the same time, we looked out for each other. We had to, since our mom was always off hunting. She had become obsessed with finding whatever had ruined our family. It overtook her bubbly personality and turned her into an angry shell of a person. So, yeah. I've had a crappy childhood. I got to see the change in my mom, but Warren was too young to even realize that our mom wasn't like the other parents of the kids we would meet. I wished that Warren could have had a normal childhood, a normal life. Now, that was the dream. 

Coincidentally, I had been having a dream about Warren and I watching cartoons when Dean shook me awake. I shot straight up in bed, eyes wide, hands already gripping the gun I kept under my pillow. Thankfully, it was only the older Idiot-chester and I sighed in relief, letting the gun fall into my lap.

"Somebody better by dying, Winchester," I growled. "Or else you will."

"Sorry, I forgot you that you get violent when your beauty sleep is disturbed," Dean laughed, holding his hands up in surrender.

I pushed the hair back out of my face and huffed as I asked, "What do you want, you loathful cockroach?"

"Cass is here," Dean said. "I thought you'd want to see him."

"Cass? Is here?" I asked and pushed myself giddily from the bed. 

It was incredible that Cass was even alive, what with him being human and all the other angels hating him and everything. He definitely had a huge red target painted on his back. 

Dean suddenly averted his eyes to the ceiling. "Cover your boobs."

"What?" I looked down and realized what he was referring to. "It's a sports-bra, cowboy. Think you can handle that?"

Dean glanced back down. "Remember what I said about you being hot?"

"Um... yes?"

"I remain in support of that previous statement."

I scoffed at him and grabbed a sweatshirt that I had hanging from my desk chair. I threw it on over my head. "If it makes you feel any better."

Dean pouted. "Boo. Take it off."

I swatted him as I brushed past him towards the kitchen. He made sure to stay close behind, placing a hand on my lower back as he walked with me. He continued on to the kitchen while I turned to corner to find the rugged ex-angel sitting in the library, going to town on a burrito. Seriously, I think I blinked and it was gone. 

"Cass!" I exclaimed.

The man split his attention away from the food in front of him and a smile lit up on his face when he saw me. "Andromeda. It's good to see you!"

"They're good, right?" I asked, sitting down across the table from him. 

Cass looked up at me, a content smile on his face. "They're amazing! This is my third one."

"It must be weird, feeling hunger and everything," I said.

Cass nodded emphatically. "It's very difficult. Sleeping, eating, urinating - it's all new to me. I don't know how you do it."

I couldn't help but laugh a little. Those were such... human things to think were unusual. 

"There are more burritos in the kitchen," Cass said, "you should get one."

"Deal," I stated and rose to my feet. 

As I walked over to the kitchen, I heard Cass say, "I don't think I'll ever get used to urinating."

I walked in on a private conversation between Dean and who I thought was Sam, both men tensely standing face to face. I abandoned my mission of burritos and asked, "What's going on?"

"It's Zeke. He's trying to tell me to get Cass to leave," Dean explained curtly. 

"It will bring all the angels down on us," Ezekiel whispered harshly, looking at Dean with pleading eyes.

"No, he's got the Enochian tattoo," Dean defended the ex-angel, his eyes squinted as he always did when he got impatient. "He's warded."

Ezekiel shifted, his eyes flickered back and forth between Dean and I. "He was warded when April found him and she killed him."

My eyebrows went up. "Hold up. Cass died?" I leaned back, peering out the door and seeing Cass still sitting at the library table, munching away happily at his burrito. "Looks pretty alive to me."

"I brought him back," Ezekiek explained.

"And I thank you for that," Dean said, then adds in a low voice, "But this is Cass, who vouched for you when I didn't know you from jack. The bunker is safe."

"And he needs somewhere to stay," I added. "Angels aren't exactly equipped to go about human life. He looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks the way he's hamming down on those burritos."

Dean nodded. "He told us he had been living on the street, digging through garbage cans to eat. That's when he met April, another angel, but he didn't know she was one. They slept together, and she killed him in the morning when we got there."

"Yikes," I winced. "Sex and stabbing. Not exactly the perfect first date."

Ezekiel ignored my comment, his eyes narrowing down on me, "Bartholomew is a massing force. We cannot stand an incursion. Castiel is in danger. And if he is here, I am in danger."

Dean let out a small scoff, earning a glare from Ezekiel. "You're in danger? From who, the angels?"

Ezekiel looked down, avoiding the question. He replied in a flat tone, "If he stays, I am afraid I will have no choice but to leave."

"No, you can't do that," Dean protested, his hands gesturing with his words. "Sam's not well enough. If you leave his body..."

"I know," Ezekiel whispered, his eyes locked on the floor. "I am sorry."

Dean's eyes drift over to Cass, who is finishing up his fifth (I think) burrito. A somber look crossed Dean's face, and I could imagine that I mirrored the same expression. Dean sighed before striding out of the room, heading towards Cass.

I turned to Ezekiel after Dean was out of hearing range. "Could we just give him a couple days or so?"

"No," Ezekiel said. "Every second he is here, he is putting me in danger."

"Why are you in danger? Afraid of your brothers and sisters? What did you do to anger them?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and arching an eyebrow.

Ezekiel glared down at me. "They outcasted me."

"So you're a rogue angel?"

"No," Ezekiel said, his voice booming in the empty kitchen. The sudden harshness caused me to stagger a few steps back and my arms dropped back to my sides. He sighed, walking forward to close the space I had created between us. "I'm sorry, Andromeda. I am not willing to risk this."

I continued to step back tensely. "Somethings not right here. And I'm going to figure out what it is one way or another."

Ezekiel looked somber as I stepped backwards towards the library. I didn't get far before Dean found me again. He looked upset, and not to mention angry. 

"He's gone," Dean said. "Happy?"

"He left?" I asked. "I didn't even get to say goodbye to him."

"Whatever, it's done, now let Sammy come back out," Dean said. 

Ezekiel sighed and walked from the room, I assumed to find a normal place for Sam to wake up to. 

"I'm really starting to not like this angel," I said to Dean, leaning against the counter behind me. "He's hiding something big."

He looked to the ground. "Me either. And he's currently bunking in my brother's meatsuit."