Nine: Slumber Party

Charlie Bradbury was an incredibly smart gal. She had apparently hacked the government one time, which was an amazing feat alone. She had also helped the brothers on several previous cases, especially against Dick Roman of the Leviathans. 

When Charlie stepped into the computer room, her eyes opened so wide that I swear they almost popped out of her head. She walked right up to the metallic machine and placed a small hand on the device. "Sweet Ada Lovelace. This thing belongs in a museum! I mean, it's got encryption software. It seems to be powered by something.... magical."

She continued to ramble off about the software and different little attributes of the machine that she saw as she inspected it. 

"English, please?" I asked, an awkward smile on my face as I leaned back against the wall by the entrance.

"It's a kind of alarm system," Charlie dumbed it down, looking over at me. "Global badness? It freaks. This computer is what locked this place down."

"Can we use it to track angels?" Sam asked, leaning down to peer into the opening that Dean had pried open earlier.

Charlie smiled, stretching out and cracking her knuckles. "Let me see what I can do."

With that, she dove down into the machine. Dean and I shared a look and I said, "I think I love her."

Within minutes, Charlie had created a system through cables and a tablet to download the computer's information onto. She explained how it would collect every single one of the Men of Letters files.

"It's a start," Sam said, "Thank you."

Charlie grinned in triumph, setting right back to work with the cables. 

"So you've been hunting," Dean drawled out the loaded question, "alone?"

Charlie's grin fell when she noticed the intimidating look that Dean peered down at her. 

"I know, I know. It's not a good idea, according to the Supernatural books," Charlie sighed. 

"Excuse me, what books?" I practically guffawed in surprise. 

"You haven't heard of the Supernatural books?" Charlie laughed. "A prophet accidentally made a whole ass published series about Sam and Dean's life."

My mouth dropped open and I laughed heartily. "You're kidding."

"It was Chuck," Sam explained. "You really can't delete those from the internet?"

"Not even I can do that," Charlie joined me in laughing, a smile brought back to her face.

"Where do you even find them?" Dean asked, his eyes squinting. 

"I found them in a top-secret place I call..." 

Both brothers leaned forward, eager to hear the answer. 

"Amazon." 

Sam and Dean's faces fell blank. 

"Also, someone uploaded all the unpublished works. I thought it was fanfic at first, but it was clearly Edlund's work."

"Who uploaded it?" Sam asked, crossing his arms and leaning back.

"I don't know," Charlie shrugged. "Their screen name was BeckyWinchester176." 

I could see the brothers both physically shift uncomfortably. 

 "Ring a bell?" Charlie asked innocently.

"None. Uh, nobody's. Uh, no, there are no bells. Uh... No," Sam stuttered and I laughed at him. 

"I'm not going to forget about this," I said. It was obvious that there was clearly some history here.