one

Flashes of red and green shot everywhere.

I was one of the last few Resistance Pilots still in the air.

I was preparing to shoot yet again, but something had caught my eye. It was him again. I had seen that dreaded mask more times than I'd like.

"One more shot at this guys." Positioning myself, I shot another round at the still-standing ship, but alas, nothing budged.

"Head back, I repeat, this mission is a lost cause, retreat." Poe's voice was one I always listened to, but something told me I could finish the job.

One last try, I promised myself, just one last try.

Right before I could finish my try though, everything went black and the last thing I saw was him.

-

It's bright.

I squint my eyes to adjust to the unfamiliar room.

Despite how eager I am to escape, there seem to be restraints keeping me on some sort of chair. A masked figure sits in front of me tauntingly, inspecting my every move. I don't know the name of him, but his face is easily recognisable.

"Where am I?" My voice is thankfully laced with confidence, despite the shakiness I feel being in this position.

"I ask the questions. Now what is your name?" His voice is deep and muffled. It was much like Poe's, but had more of a dominate and demanding feature in it.

"I don't answer to masked men." I was still being bold, much to my surprise. Despite the fear shaking through me, I refuse to let the enemy see me being weak. It was unthinkable.

His response surprises me, when he begins to take his mask off. I suck in a breath as a mop of black hair falls. I have no idea what I expected, only it was anything but this. The man in front of me was gorgeous.

"Your name." His voice is clearer now, and sends chills down my spine.

"Arabelle." He circles me, inspecting me up and down as if I were a piece of meat.

"Pretty." I begin to feel self conscious under the stare of him, but I keep my eyes locked onto his as much as I could.

"Now, how do you, a mere girl, manage to create such a disruption in The Force?" Nearly everything in that sentence confused me, but I didn't want to say anything that would make me sound dumb, so I didn't say anything at all.

"Ah, not gonna talk to me now are you? What if I release you?" With a wave of his hand my restraints are released and I crumple to the floor. Every bone in my body felt weak, as if I hadn't used them in ages.

He crouches down to my level and lifts my chin up so I'm eye to eye with him.

"Now Arabelle, who taught you of The Force?" There's an edge to the end of his sentence that makes it apparent if things don't start going his way, something bad will happen.

Slowly bringing myself to my feet, I only just manage to gain my balance when my throat begins to tighten. It feels as if someone is choking me, and I know this can only be the workings of the man interrogating me.

"I don't know what The Force is!" I manage to choke out before falling to the ground yet again. "Please!"

The pressure releases and I'm left coughing and gasping for air.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" My voice is raspy and it hurts to speak much at all. Tears trail down my eyes unwillingly, no matter how hard I want to hold them.

"Interesting." The man isn't fazed at all by the fact I was a mess, which shouldn't surprise me. He was my captor. An evil, ruthless man.

As he begins to leave the room though, I attempt to call out.

"Wait! What's your name?" I begin to cough again, barely hearing his answer when he locks the door behind him.

"Kylo Ren."