two

Three years before.

"You don't really believe you can beat me, do you? Might I remind you Belle, that I got chosen as head pilot." Poe was yet again teasing me on being second in command. No matter how hard I tried, he always seemed to slightly outdo me.

"Oh please, I could kick your ass any day." That being said, it didn't keep me from challenging him whenever I got the chance.

"Oh you're on! Prepare to be destroyed, Arabelle Ken." I scrambled to get my ship started as he did too.

"Not so fast..." A familiar voice pulled us both away from what we had been doing.

"LUKE!" Sliding out of my seat, I engulfed him into a hug. He was the one who convinced me to be a pilot in the first place.

"Skywalker." Poe didn't know him as well as I did, but respected him like everyone else in the Resistance. I didn't know much, but I did know that Luke apparently held some kind of power, and was trying to pass it along to his students.

"Why are you here, and not teaching?" His once bright face, darkened quickly. I couldn't tell if he was furious or saddened.

"Something went wrong and I must go away." I knew when he was keeping information from me, as he was practically my father.

"Something wrong? Away where?" Poe seemed to understand more than me, as he nodded grimly and looked to the ground.

"One of my students made the wrong decision, and it's my fault. I should've helped guide him more, helped him control his fear." I didn't want to ask my next question; I had already came up with ideas as to what the 'wrong decision' was.

"What did he do?" Luke shakes his head almost immediately. He was already on his way to leave.

"I must go Arabelle, but I promise you will see me again." The look in his eyes told me he wasn't lying, but I still needed my answer.

"Luke! What did he do?" As he approached the doorway, he turned around to face me with a solemn expression.

"Ben Solo has killed every last one of them."

-

"Oh come on! Wake up!" My eyes are unwilling to open, despite the annoying voice ringing in my ears. "Wake up, wake up, wake up! I know you've been asleep for a week, but come on!"

A blur soon forms into a face, which soon begins to grow characteristics. It was a boy around my age probably with worry written all over his face. Upon further investigation, I also realise he's in a storm trooper suit.

If anything I was in shock. Not only did this guy seen friendly, but I had also never seen or thought of what a storm trooper looked like underneath the helmet. In my mind they were always just the enemy, not actual people.

"What are you doing?! Get up! Hurry!" My whole world shakes as he pulls me to my feet. I was in a cell it seemed, a different one from before, and my whole head throbbed.

"W-what are you doing?" My voice is raspy and quiet, so it doesn't surprise me when he doesn't answer and instead ties my hands together and shoves a gun to my back.

"What are you doing?" My voice is stronger now, and I'm sure he's heard me.

"Keep quiet and follow my lead. I'm breaking you out of here." 99% of me is telling me not to trust him, but I decide to listen to the 1% and do as he says. It was better than rotting wherever I was.

"DN-364, where are you going?" We are stopped by another storm trooper who seems of higher authority. I turn to read DNs expression, but he had put his helmet back on.

"General Hux has requested the prisoner."
There is no shake in his voice, but I can feel the nervous aura he gives off.

"Very well." We continue to follow the long identical hallways until we come across one of the ships.

"You know how to fly?" He multitasks efficiently, letting me free while also making sure nobody is around.

"Well?" He pulls his helmet off and throws it to the side, his blue eyes wandering up to mine.

"Uh... Yeah, yeah!" I shake out of my daze and hop into the pilots spot, while he takes the shooters.

"Why are you doing this?" I'm flipping all the switches on frantically, but the question had been bugging me.

"Someone convinced me." He too is copying my motions, and soon enough we have broken the docking cord and are in the air.

"Somebody is following us!" I exclaim in worry as I find a twin ship repeating our actions above, only they seem to be stuck to the dock.

"It's FN, he's got another prisoner!" Looking at the pilot, my eyes widen. Poe.

"Dan! Shoot their cord!" He does as I say and without a second thought I zoom out into space, Poe right behind me.

"Poe has the defence system! They will be right behind us!"

"Poe?"

"A friend." I shake my head and smirk. Poe was more than a friend, he was like a brother to me.

"And did you call me Dan?" He was very aggressive, but then again he had been since the moment he woke me.

"Yeah, now we need to follow Poe, and he seems to be heading to Jakku." What was on Jakku, I didn't know, but I wasn't going to go off on my own again. I needed to stick with my leader.

"Jakku?! They'll capture us there!" His frustration escalates quickly making me believe he has some sort of anger management problem.

"Dan I need you to trust me." I will my voice to sound as soothing as possible in fear he will do something stupid, and surprisingly it works.

I refocus my attention to where we are flying, and find that the ship in front of us seems to be crashing, quickly. Before I can pull ourselves out of the gravitational pull though, we begin to repeat.

"Dan hold on!" Everything goes spinning, my insides squeezing. Shutting my eyes, I will everything to be alright and I call out to Dan again who is freaking out.

"Dan!" The sandy dunes rapidly approach our vision, and before I know it everything goes black.

We have crashed.

-

Yes I used Dylan O'Brien.