Waking Up (Pt. 1)

(Hey guys! This is the prologue/teaser for the sequel to 'Falling Up,' which I know you guys have pestered me about. So, here you go! I hope you're in for quite a journey. By the way, WHICH COVER LOOKS BETTER? The one above, or the one currently being used??)

Nightmares are easy. They an be painful, and humiliating, but the comfort of nightmares comes from knowing that you an wake up. I didn't wake up from my nightmare, because it wasn't even a nightmare to begin with.

Everyone was standing silently around Ashton's hospital bed, waiting for someone, anyone to break the silence. He was awake.

Calum and Michael were standing there, eyes glazed over in tears. Luke and I held hands, at the end of Ashton's bed.

When we had gotten the all from the hospital saying Ashton was awake, we thought it was some sick joke. We went over to chew out their asses, but much to everyone's surprise, a doctor confirmed that my Ashy...really did wake up. At first, I thought that nothing could be better than this very moment. The moment of knowing that the person you love would still be in your life, ya know that moment? But as soon as we all walked in to visit, my nightmare had officially begun.

Ashton didn't remember us.
He barely even remembered me.