Home again

I was so excited to go home for two weeks. We would finally be able to see mom in person again and not just through video chat.

"Mom, I missed you a lot during school. It was nice being able to come home after school and talk to you." Jaylee said on the way home in the car.

"I missed you too girls." She said back with a smile that always made me feel warm and fuzzy inside." I want to here all about it. Autumn, who's this boy Jaylee told me about?"

"His name is Percy and he's a nice guy mom! He rescued Moon and Rhythm when someone let them loose." I defended, blushing at the sudden up-bringing of the topic.

"Why don't you call him and invite him and his family for Christmas dinner?" She said

"Okay, I would enjoy that a lot. And by the way, Jaylee has a boyfriend." Jaylee looked at me angrily. "You told her about mine, I told her about yours." I said

"What's his name Jay?" Mom asked

"Mom his names Jason, he's Percy's best friend and he's not my boyfriend we've gone on a date." She replied, throwing me an annoyed glare. The rest of the ride home was quiet. We pulled up to the house and I breathed in the familiar smell of the wet cedar chips and listened to the quiet sound of the horses nickering. "It's good to be home." Jaylee said.

"Yeah, I missed it the past few months." I replied. "Wanna go for a ride Mom?"

" Sure, you and Jaylee tack up and I'll be with you in a minute." She said as she walked away quickly.

"What was that about?" Jaylee asked.

"Probably forgot to wrap our coming home presents and christmas presents." I said back. We walked to the barn and mounted our horses bareback (I have no idea why mom thought we would tack up, I just grabbed pieces of her mane and went for a lap around the ring. Ten minutes later, mom rode in and we headed for the trails behind the house. "I miss this, riding all afternoon together wasting the day away." I say calmly.

"Yeah me too." Mom and Jaylee say together. Just than, I heard running hooves and a nicker.

"Autumn!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

"Percy! I'm so glad you could make it on such short notice." I say dismounting S'more and walking over. When he dismounted, he pulled me into a hug. "Oh." I said blushing as soon as I saw mom looking at me."Mom, this is Percy, Percy, this is my mom." Mom pulled out her camera and told us to keep going. So he pulled me into a hug and i gave him a little peck on the lips when I heard a click, mom took a picture." Really mom!" I said

"What? I was taking a picture for the scrap book." She defended, than I heard more hooves and saw Jason riding over.

"Hey Jaylee! Your boyfriends here!" I teased

"Not funny Autumn." She said and walked over to Jason. She gave him a little hug without getting off Noel and mom took a picture. "Let's go for a ride." She said finally and we started walking. As the sun started setting, we headed back. Percy and Jason shared the room across from me and Jaylee. All in all, it was a perfect day.