Chapter 9: Comfort

{Once again, I will rarely ever do chapter notices, but this chapter will be shorter, mainly because you all probably know what happens... and the fact that I'm having a little writer's block right now. Anyway, this chapter won't be Dawn's POV, it will also consist of Ash's so we can see what's going on in his head, as well. So, I hope you all enjoy this chapter, no matter how short it is. Now, back to the story!}

Chapter 9: Comfort

DAWN'S POV (DREAM VERSION)

"W-where am I?"

The area was thick with fog, but I could tell I was in a field. But was there a lake around? Trees? Bushes? Pokémon? People?

"Look who's come to play," a mysterious voice said.

"W-who's there," I ask.

"If it isn't Ms. Pathetic," another voice replied. It was as if more and more kept on coming.

"You know Ash is only dating you because he pities you, right?"

"Yeah, he treats every girl but Misty as if they're his charity case, and you're one of them."

"Y-you're lying," I replied, "Ash loves me!"

"He will until those scars, bite marks, and bruises fade away. After that, you can just kiss him goodbye."

"Just like what we're going to do with you."

As more degrading things were being said, I started falling. And what do I see at the top of the hole? Ash and Misty making out, and he's actually enjoying it...and May, Gary, Dia, Black, and Brendan were cheering for them!

"I never loved you, Dawn," Ash smirks, "my heart has always belonged to Misty."

"Such a shame you even went out with the likes of her," Misty replied.

"I can't believe I was even friends with her," May added.

"We can't believe we cared to even help her," Brendan, Dia, and Black said in unison.

"What a waste of time," Gary spat.

This made me start to scream. All this time, they were lying to me? I should've known. They've broken my heart, and now I'm where I was in the beginning. Suddenly, I feel like I'm burning. I look next to me to see that Gabite is using Flamethrower... on me!

"AAAHHH," I scream in pain.

~ ~ ~ ~